Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
837 Posts
That's wesome on the shifter knob & on your Forte being a standard/manual. Very rare to find, buy & own a manual/standard & cost more.

Btw, where did you buy & get the shifter knob?

Anthony

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's wesome on the shifter knob & on your Forte being a standard/manual. Very rare to find, buy & own a manual/standard & cost more.

Btw, where did you buy & get the shifter knob?

Anthony
Thank you, yeah it was rare! At the moment it was the only stick shift version in my state. Which gave me more reason to purchase it lol

https://cosmoracing.com/en/kia-fort...shifter-kia?search=Kia forte&description=true

And this is where I bought my short shifter from, it came with the knob but plan on switching out the knob for a weighted one

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you, yeah it was rare! At the moment it was the only stick shift version in my state. Which gave me more reason to purchase it lol

https://cosmoracing.com/en/kia-forte-2014-2021-1-6l-1-8l-2-0l-ex-fe-lx-sx-coupe-koup-gt-mpi-gdi-gamma-t-gdi-turbo-6-speeds-knob-sport-short-shifter-kia?search=Kia forte&description=true

And this is where I bought my short shifter from, it came with the knob but plan on switching out the knob for a weighted one
Is the 6spd manual really a rare find for the Forte GT?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
There are a lot of Forte GT 6M owners on this forum.

Finding a manual equipped Forte at a dealer is difficult, but then again just finding a Forte GT at a dealer is difficult in some areas. I had to go 90 miles just to buy a Forte GT w/DCT - my local dealer didn't carry them until after I bought mine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve seen many GTs In California but all automatic. I’ve only met 1 guy with the 6 speed he’s in this forum forgot his name though. The dealership I bought mine at I know the salesman and the manager, they told roughly in California if they sell 100 Gts maybe 10-15 are stick shift

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are a lot of Forte GT 6M owners on this forum.

Finding a manual equipped Forte at a dealer is difficult, but then again just finding a Forte GT at a dealer is difficult in some areas. I had to go 90 miles just to buy a Forte GT w/DCT - my local dealer didn't carry them until after I bought mine.
Yeah they don’t really carry them since not many people want to learn stick or just find it unnecessary. I got mine stick because I really wanted it and well itwas the last one in California at the moment saw it as it was destiny haha

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Manual
28 Posts
Now that it's been on your ride for a few months, how are you liking the shifter? I've been looking at this exact mod, but have read some reviews about the shifter hitting the console/dash in some positions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that it's been on your ride for a few months, how are you liking the shifter? I've been looking at this exact mod, but have read some reviews about the shifter hitting the console/dash in some positions.
I like it cuts the throw 20-30%, I don’t have that issue of it hitting because before I finished installing the shifter I noticed I didn’t like the height it was going to be at. I switched the washers it came with to ones a bit thicker and I’ve had no issues with it hitting BUT i will say with the OEM boot it has a bit of tearing when I put it in Reverse due to the shifter having a 3mm offset to the left.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But I recommend you wait for Boombaracing to drop theirs, they announced a Forte GT short shifter a month back and they’re in the final stages of finishing it and putting it out on the market.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT Manual
28 Posts
But I recommend you wait for Boombaracing to drop theirs, they announced a Forte GT short shifter a month back and they’re in the final stages of finishing it and putting it out on the market.
I'll do that, thanks. I'm not in a massive hurry, anyway.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
From Boombaracing face book page:

Prototype short shifter and weighted shift knob for the '20+ KIA Forte GT's in
the final testing phase! 30% reduction in shifts that has to be felt to believe!
Stay tuned for more info on release dates and pricing!

May be an image of car

May be an image of car

No photo description available.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I had emailed them yesterday before they posted this lol, hopefully it’s true that it’s going to be for sell soon 🙏😂

1 - 20 of 26 Posts