Kia Forte Forum banner

Had a little painting done...

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ForteSXFan21 
#1 ·
I had the mirrors blacked out and the rear emblem color matched. It hadn't really occurred to me that the black mirrors would so completely compliment the glossy fascia but they do really tie it all together. And after a year of saying "It's a KIA", I could use a break...so back to the stock emblem.

I had my front emblem painted too but I don't need it. It can pretty easily be modified to fit the rear. If anyone is interested in it PM me.

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks!

I remember your rear "K" emblem, it looked nice, and I really really liked that about your car! I'm sad that it had to go...
Yeah, I didn't want to have to part with it but they put some nasty chemicals on the road to melt the snow here and it oxidized the shit out of that emblem. I considered getting a new one but the fact that it was not the exact same shade of blue always secretly bothered me.

#5 ·
The mirrors really do look great. I bought black 2011 LED mirrors and want to put them on so bad but I don't think I'd be able to tackle the project myself.

The emblem looks ok, I'm not really sure what to think about it to be honest. One day I'd like to eventually take it to a body shop have it filled in and painted, I think that'd be a better route but certainly more expensive than what you've done.

#6 ·
I splurged for my birthday and had it done professionally. $200 at the end of the day.

The emblem looks ok, I'm not really sure what to think about it to be honest. One day I'd like to eventually take it to a body shop have it filled in and painted, I think that'd be a better route but certainly more expensive than what you've done.
When I first got the car I considered shaving the emblem but there was a red Koup a while back that had it done and I really didn't like it. The back just looked a bit too naked for my taste.

#7 ·
Oh lauren, looks amazing as always girlie! I missed pics of your blue beauty!!! I'm def going to paint my mirrors black now, you've convinced me! Love the emblem! Nice little subtle touch!!!

#11 ·
^i just realized that it is a nice color!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.