Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found quality plug and play LED headlight bulbs for the new gen Forte? I really don’t want to go spend a ton of cash on new stock LED headlight assemblies. I guess I should have gotten the next package up from the LXS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've actually been looking for lights myself for the gf's forte and my optima's fog lights. Came across these after a lot of youtube vids. 9006 SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs
I haven't gotten them myself yet, however it's worth trying them. No they aren't the world's brightest, but so far from what I read they are good quality and they do preserve the beam pattern since the chips on them are placed almost exactly where the filament would be.

If you do get these please let me know how they are. I just don't have the spare scratch to get these myself atm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually been looking for lights myself for the gf's forte and my optima's fog lights. Came across these after a lot of youtube vids. 9006 SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs
I haven't gotten them myself yet, however it's worth trying them. No they aren't the world's brightest, but so far from what I read they are good quality and they do preserve the beam pattern since the chips on them are placed almost exactly where the filament would be.

If you do get these please let me know how they are. I just don't have the spare scratch to get these myself atm.
Well those are 50% brighter than original halogen bulbs.
I want to try these out. I don’t know if they would fit though. I have used this company for led bulbs for years on my motorcycle

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had good luck replacing the crappy Halogen low beams with these LED's https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J6614JR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MUCH better light output.

I've posted some pics of the process at 2019-2020 Forte LED headlight and DRL conversion see the last few posts.

The passenger side is easy, but I had to remove some bits to get full access to the driver's side, as shown in the pics.
Awesome thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea if these would fit a 2020 Forte with Halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any idea if these would fit a 2020 Forte with Halogen bulbs.

I don't think it will fit
I don't know why kia make bulb housing so tight and small that it can't fit any led

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it will fit
I don't know why kia make bulb housing so tight and small that it can't fit any led

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
That is really irritating. I trust this companions for long term use and lumen output.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2019 FE. The OEM halogen bulb output and pattern SUCKS - horrible in the winter.

I installed these LED bulbs, plug and play. (link below)

Everything fits in the housing, no mods, the bulb access covers install normally.

Great light output, just needed to adjust them upwards a bit. So far, 13K miles on them, 0 issues.

I run the same manufacturer LED bulbs in my Toyota Land Cruiser and they work well.

Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts