Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen anywhere online u can get halos for a Forte Koup? Ive looked around and there doesnt seem to be anything.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Projectors << I have been back and forth with the guy selling these for awhile now just have not had the money to spend

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I'm just saving up the money to do a retrofit. Noodile may beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
LOL, I have the car, just not the cash! (Could do it, if I give up on getting a TK CAI).

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Arine, I would recommend u hold off on the CAI and do the projectors. ZERO people have done it (besides the Egyptians) and u would have something nobody has. EVERYbody and their grandmother has the CAI

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Rly? Who? I know the Egyptian guys have done it but I mentioned that. Other people have?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Lol alrighty then. Guess I'll ban myself from the forum lol

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
It would still be a very unique upgrade and there still lacks a very detailed DIY.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Maybe a daft question but... on my Koup I've seen that the DRL and High Beam bulbs are within in the same housing compartment of the headlights, the 2 bulbs are beside each other. So my question is, when you retrofit with projectors, how do you ensure that you still have DRL & High beams? Or do you need to bypass the DRL for the sake of having projectors?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
You would have to do your highs as projectors. Most people only do the low beams. HID do not function on bulbs intended to be DRLs. In most (if not all) cases, DRLs must be disabled. To get a DRL function back, many people choose to use halos, foglights or LED options.

·
Registered
249 Posts
ok... so we do loose the DRL if we are doing quad retro's then... Although I believe the projectors looks really cool, I think that the DRL and high need revisiting as well when doing as retrofit. so that it all looks matching and clean... but I have no clue what it should look like though. maybe by browsing other cars headlights we can have some inspirations. Or even use the Korean Headlight Mod to have the DRL switched to that EL tape strip...

I guess that noodile's future quad projectors would be a nice alternative to having both low and high as projectors.

edit: the new optima seems to have quad projectors and even static bending lights... :(

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Best way is to get a projector, and get led strips, or do your own led board, or get ccfl's as DRL. that way you still have some type of drl, while still having projectors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts