Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I noticed a toggle switch hanging over the foot rest peddle. Anyone know what this is for? It clearly has a ON and OFF label on it (currently on). Any info would be appreciated.=]

Koup SX

·
Registered
407 Posts
Have you had an alarm or anything installed lately? Looks like a valet switch to me....

BW

·
Registered
533 Posts
^^ Ya did you have any aftermarket parts installed since you purchased the Koup?? I'll check mine for the mystery switch...

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only remote start and alarm by dealer. But have a button on dash that's for valet use so that is why I'm confused.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im almost positive that you will be able to trace that switch back the the alarm the dealer installed.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's spliced in a bundle of wires directly behind the switch for the speaker lights. I've turned it off before I start the car and still I'm able to start car as well as have a lighted alarm button and still have speaker lights. I guess I can call the dealer and see if they have an answer. Thanks BW and OC.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Go back to your dealer and ask them: A- Why didn't they tell you where it was?, and B- Why they did such a "hack" job.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I totally Agree! IMO they should have explained to you where the cut off switch was, and the Valet/programming switch is....and why they just leave wires hanging around, that could have really cause a problem if your foot or something got caught on it.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will definitely bring it up when I go in for my first maintenance appointment although that won't be for some time. I thought I felt something under my left foot, and I see it as I looked down. I thought it was strange to not to secure a wire as important as that. Apparently they just tucked it in and it fell loose. Well, as least it didn't cause me to be stranded somewhere. Thanks for all the input everyone!! =]

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Geez, they could have at least spent a penny in parts by tieing it up with a tiewrap/ziptie.

I'd pretend it was flipped by your got hitting it, complain that your remote start wasn't working until You figured it out and get a discount on your next service(s).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ya they dropped the ball on that one!! Any moron can ziptie the wire for safety and the least they coulda done is explain it to you... Stupidity strikes another dealership!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts