Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we had our first snow fall of the season. The roads were more icy than snowy. I had BridgeStone Blizak WS70, and i didn't slide at all. I thought they were pretty grippy. i did a couple of brake tests, and they stopped perfectly in short distances (60-0 stop). I was kinda skeptical about them since they were OK, just OK, on dry pavement. I believe they have more grip on wet pavement, and snow, than they have on dry.

The only thing i didn't like about the KOUP in the snow is that traction control is way too sensitive. and it sucks at lights. (6-speed sx)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
winter tire are always better when it's cold so they will be better when snowning than raining :)

For my part I put nokian hakapellita 5 (studded) on the stock SX rim. very happy about the performance.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just picked up my snows and steelies today. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet though! Semperit Speed Grip's 205/55/R16. I had them on my old Mazda and they were the best winter tires I've ever owned.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hankook iPikes 205/55/16 on steel rims. Will be my second winter with them. They did great last year. Very quiet for a snow tire. Paid $636 out the door for tires, rims, mounting, balancing and installation.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, having snow tires doesn't mean having miracles, you still slide around in the right fresh powder, not off the road, but you'll be spinning a little. and you can defenitly do donuts and slide side-way if you need to. so please no one expect miracles form snow tires.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have Pirelli Sottozero on my car !! I'm very impressed about those tires ! After 1 big snow storm, a+ !!!

Nick :cool:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.