Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
at cold the car is really hard to shift I paid for a transmission fluid flush at 25 000kms and now the car feel very hard to shift and not smooth at all

Ive get the car back to the dealer and the guy told its normal...:mad:

i BOUGHT some lucas oil transmission fix and its did almost nothing to it

I don't know what to do its look like the fluid they put in is not thick enought or they did'nt put enought oil in the tranny but when im opening the bolt to see if there is enought its seem good ! I don't know what to do now this transmission totally sucks :(

im thinking of selling that shit out because of the KIA service I got .
this is very bad !

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you still find that it's hard to shift after the car warms up a bit, then definitely you have issues. But any manual transmission will be hard to shift when cold.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did it because kia recommand it at 36 000kms so I decided to make it at 25 000kms to see the metal particles inside and I was right on that ! we found somes .. on the magnetic bolt

I will probably flush it at home and put a better quality trans oil in since the dealer make me loose my time and money check my other thread on my engine oil level

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Lucas Transmission fix :rolleyes: Doesn't that make the oil "thicker" :confused:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
wonder what kind of gear oil they used...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im Gonna flush it the problème is because they put a manual trans fluid so im Gonna use Automatic transmission fluid less
thicker

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe the shifter uses a different oil than the transmission. In my Miata the shifter uses a gear oil and transmission uses a transmission oil. Maybe you can change the shifter oil? [if there is such a thing in the Kia]

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Just don't use ATF, say goodbye to your warranty if any damage occurs.

Put what's recommended... 75W-85

Have the dealer check for proper adjustment of the shift cables.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Normally with manual transmissions there isn't a big need to flush your fluid, on autos with the many more moving parts a change every at 30k is a waste, however I would not wait till after 50k, In a manual tranny which I own, I had it done at 140,000kms and it still looks fresh with little to no imperfections.

Now with Motor oil I change mine between 5000km and 7500km running a full synthetic 5w-30. Really nice and have never had any issues.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Dont put Atf fluid in your manual trans..
might seem better at first but big issues will come out of this sooner then latter
I had this happen with my Mitsh Eclipse.

Some transmison shop rebult my manual and put Atf fluid in it.. my new trans died about 5 months later :(
and like somebody else said that will void any chance for a warrenty

·
Registered
88 Posts
Was this something that KIA (as in the company) recommends and or requires or was this something the dealer sold you?

I follow the maintenance schedule outlined in the owners manual, with the exception of brake fluid. With my Chrysler, the dealer attempted to sell me "flushes"...except they overlooked the TSB that specifically said that it was not required by owners to be flushing fluids out at times the dealer outlined.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have the same issue for my second gear problem, my car at least needs 20 minutes to worm up until i get smooth shifting. i also changed short shifters but it doesn't resolve the problem. i called KIA Canada for the third time and told me to take it to another dealership so i have an appointment on Friday. i am really unhappy with my purchase of my koup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
is that right ??? does your warranty void for switching to red line?????????? and i ask KIA dealership they they told me that it has synthetic oil in our transmission.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the redline as the EXACT grade of the oem specification and its cannot void the warranty ! its made exacly for mitshubishi,nissan,hyundai|kia

Ive removed all the lucas oil shit before putting in the new redline ! not any trouble since that !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its in your manual + you have the exact transmission oil required for our car wich is the same as the new redline mt-85 :) I needed 2 bottles only and no more :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update !

Im still experiment the tranny grinch trouble int 2nd-3rd when the car is cold but its smooth when hot, I was sure the mt-85 was a miracle but its dosent :(

I even switched all my bushing (cable, and base bushing) to make sure its not my shifting methode so its wasnt cause now its very precise I can't love the feel better with the new bushings kit :p

if u guys have a solution before visiting the dealer, because they gonna tell me its my fault ....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts