Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us hate the unicorn antenna mast. I have only listened to Sirius for the past 5 years so I figure when I buy my Koup I can take the unicorn antenna mast off since it should only be for AM/FM signals.
Has anybody found a simple, cheap, waterproof
way to cover the screw hole left from taking the antenna mast off?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
here's mine

a universal CF antenna. I got it from ebay for like 13 bucks with shipping

·
Registered
536 Posts
here's mine

That's the same one I got.....$12.99 shipped....3" w/ carbon fiber! I see you got that small gap that I have as well. Been thinking of buying a small rubber grommet to get rid of that!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, I was looking for no antenna mast at all. Maybe a cap that would either fit over the antenna hole or a cap that would cover the entire square Sirius antenna.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
That's the same one I got.....$12.99 shipped....3" w/ carbon fiber! I see you got that small gap that I have as well. Been thinking of buying a small rubber grommet to get rid of that!
Yeah.. I don't know what to do bout tht... :/

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought about painting it black but what about going thru a car wash over a period of time wouldn't the metal in the hole rust?
I think what I may do is get a rubber O ring for the outer threads then get a 4.5mm bolt or screw for the hole and paint the top of the screw black.
Unless anybody has a better idea.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
is that the stock base thingy? if not, how do change it? or does it unscrew and replace it with an another one.

i like my unicorn.lol :p

here's mine

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
oh.. hmm, im going to think about this. thanks fas93!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
lol, same price for my antenna.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts