Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as the title implys sometimes when I take off I can here what sort of sounds like a belt sqweeking but 2 things about this puzzle me

1 the sound is intermittent only does it sometimes.
2. I've noticed it only makes this sound if I'm letting off the clutch and the car is starting to move..

if I give the car gas and its not moving no sqweek noise,

has anybody else has something like this?
did you or the dealer find out what the noise was?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ok as the title implys sometimes when I take off I can here what sort of sounds like a belt sqweeking but 2 things about this puzzle me

1 the sound is intermittent only does it sometimes.
2. I've noticed it only makes this sound if I'm letting off the clutch and the car is starting to move..

if I give the car gas and its not moving no sqweek noise,

has anybody else has something like this?
did you or the dealer find out what the noise was?
A few possibilities... a clutch cable that needs lube at the release lever(inside the engine compartment), the pedal itself could be squeaking, the neutral safety switch(also at the clutch pedal) could be making noise, an engine mount or cross member bushing, a strut or strut spring(front), etc.

I only have a squeak at the steering wheel when turning it slowly...and that just showed up, at 3k miles. I've owned my Forte since November 2009.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I have about 2,800 miles now and It sounds like its someplace on the pasanger side up front... is seems to happen sometimes when i hit a bump but other times no bump is needed to make the noise..
I've looked around and can't see anything rubbing anywhere so maybe its hmm maybe your right about that release lever.. could be. thxs for the ideas here

·
Registered
243 Posts
The clutch release lever inside the engine compartment would be on the drivers side, same side as the clutch pedal. If it's a motion related squeak(when the car moves, rather than a component), I would be focusing on the suspension.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh, BTW, I have an occasional squeak at the far side of the dash on the right. It's more like a slight rattle now and then, caused by a bumnp, but sometimes I hear it just while driving. Is that maybe what you're hearing?

If so, you can trace it to the far corner of the dash on the right, where it meets the white windshield molding/pillar. Tap the dash in that area and you should be able to duplicate it. A few others here described this same noise and same location some time back...right after they bought their Forte's. So, it seems common.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm well I was hopefull but I just went and tap and rock on the the dash.. and moved the pillar taped that a bit still no sound.. perhaps it is in the suspension
it would make logical sence but I have not put the car on a jack yet.. very windy here today, I'll check it when the weather give me more room to move, and let you know if I find anything there.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK update.. I have it down to the belt only does it when the cars been driven for awhile, if I hold the rpms at 1,000 its a little sqweak sound.
I took it to the dealer when it was making the noise, one guy said oh yeah I hear it..
then the service advisor or whatever he is came out said he drove the car 2 miles and it didn't make any noise WTF!! I had the car on running right outside his door and he was like oh I didn't hear it.. I left the car running and he got in the car 10 mins latter.. and I heard him drive it around to the shop that was it, I'm really pissed off about this, its the second time I've been to my one and only dealer and treated like I had no clue what I was talking about!

I love my car but I hate this dealer sorry had to write this down *sighs*'

Can somebody like Kiatech help me out here?? how do I adjust the belt on my koup? I' was looking around and can't seem to find a tensioner.. is there some trick here I"m missing ? normally I have a shop manual and once I read it I can do it but I don't have that yet some help would be great Thxs..:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know excactly what you're talking about. But on my koup it only does it when am flooring it man. And you're right is coming somewhere from the passenger side compartment. Not sure about your squeeking sound but mines is fairly loud. I really havent brought it up to the dealers attention but i guess i should eh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know excactly what you're talking about. But on my koup it only does it when am flooring it man. And you're right is coming somewhere from the passenger side compartment. Not sure about your squeeking sound but mines is fairly loud. I really havent brought it up to the dealers attention but i guess i should eh.
I have good news. Found out that the squeak sound is happening because the power steering hose is rubbing up against the frame. I took mines to the dealership and had it fixed. No more squeaks. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK update.. I have it down to the belt only does it when the cars been driven for awhile, if I hold the rpms at 1,000 its a little sqweak sound.
I took it to the dealer when it was making the noise, one guy said oh yeah I hear it..
then the service advisor or whatever he is came out said he drove the car 2 miles and it didn't make any noise WTF!! I had the car on running right outside his door and he was like oh I didn't hear it.. I left the car running and he got in the car 10 mins latter.. and I heard him drive it around to the shop that was it, I'm really pissed off about this, its the second time I've been to my one and only dealer and treated like I had no clue what I was talking about!

I love my car but I hate this dealer sorry had to write this down *sighs*'

Can somebody like Kiatech help me out here?? how do I adjust the belt on my koup? I' was looking around and can't seem to find a tensioner.. is there some trick here I"m missing ? normally I have a shop manual and once I read it I can do it but I don't have that yet some help would be great Thxs..:)
go sign up at Kia Global Information System (KGIS), it'll teach u how to take apart the seat belt assembly...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I mean the drive belt or serpentine belt (crappy spelling) thanks thou for trying!
I still have that dam sqweak too.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
RaineyRaven does having the AC on or off have an effect? Does having the brights on have an effect? Seems if it was the belt these should make a difference -- more or less squeek.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RaineyRaven does having the AC on or off have an effect? Does having the brights on have an effect? Seems if it was the belt these should make a difference -- more or less squeek.

yeah I agree you'd think that it would make a difference, I do think it tends to more often make noises when I pull up to lights after I've used ac for awhile, but it does it with out too.

But whats werid is when I first get in the car and start it no noise..
I can turn on ac lights, rev it some, and its no problem.

But after I drive it for about 30 miles. I pull up to lights and it squeeks at just about every light.
(sometimes it gets worse,but normally just squeeks enough to be heard)

I'm really thinking that one of the tensioners might be bad? or perhaps there is a bearing somewhere that is bad?? IDK Its Driving me Nucking Futs!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bringing this thread back since im having the same problem and have yet to find an answer. But ive also got a 2010 koup 6MT and sometimes when im pulling out on a slight incline or really just any takeoff around 2 or 3k rpm i get what sounds like a belt squeal. I have no idea what it is but it is annoying as hell any updates on this issue!?
And just to clarify it doesnt make this sound all the time!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine squeeks when I have it in gear and only does it around 1000 RPM. Im pretty sure its the belt but when I took it in i couldnt replicate the problem. It sucks when im driving around school going slow and i hear a squeek. If i can figure out what it is i'll let you know. If anyone knows please help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just heard the same noise for the first time today, when I pulled into my garage after my drive home from work. It really sounds like a tensioner pulley. I also have the squeak from the far right dash area.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^^
Thats exactley what I think it is tensioner pulley, Because last few thousand miles sometimes it gets worse :(
I've sparyed stuff on the the top pulley& the power steering pump pulley like wd-40 and liquid wrench.. which does seem to help
But it normally comes back just about the time I think its gone for good.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the same noise but I have it around 4000-4300 Rpms and the dealer first said it was inside the tranny. But after driving with the tech for about 15 minutes we figured it was the heat shield he was surprised because it sounds like a pulley but it's actually coming from the back of the motor but till this day they can't fix it

·
Registered
230 Posts
Any Solutions??? Squeaking Clutch upon release

I have have a a squeak too Just started about 5 K ago. I t happens when I engage the clutch at 15-1800 rpm. I feels like its inside the trany to me. Its right at teh clutch release point,

What happens is when i release the clutch, just as i'm about to release it all the way at the top of the pedal, it will chirp. It sounds almost like an owl going hoooo. Sort of a highish freq resonance sort of sound and i can almost feel the resonance through the pedal. It only lasts for the length of time the clutch is at the top of the release so not long. Its pretty loud, anyone in the car can hear it no problem.

I am sure its clutch/plate related I can feel it as well as hear it. It is getting progressively worse. The squeak is getting louder and a little longer, maybe new clutch time soon? But no noticeable slippage????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts