Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found vinyl layovers for the side markers? I did my tails and want to see what my titanium sedan would look like with smoked blinkers. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
105 Posts
HOW IN THE WORLD did you do your tails? i tried numerous times... that curve/bend in the light kills me everytime! i get bubbles and or lines! i used a blow dryer and squeegee thing and still failed... i just did the inside ones on the sedan and quit lol

+ i would love layovers for the mirror blinkers. What i could recommend is since its so small is to get some cheap tint from walmart or even scraps from a shop and slap it on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tails

Lots of slip solution, and I used my hands to stretch them on the light. You're talking about the layovers right? I just drenched the layover and the lens in a solution of baby shampoo and water then stretched and pulled and then when I got it to size i pulled it off, sprayed everything with solution again and got it positioned wrapped a squeegee in a paper towel (the thick blue shop towel type) and squeegee'd from the back around the side. TAKE YOUR TIME, and it helps if its warm out and the car itself is warm. but imho the more slip solution the better, and it you think ur screwing up pull it back and spray spray spray!! Hope that helps. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Mid-size car

This is before my LED's...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't tried, but I had them on my tC and my Civic and didn't have any problems with touchless car washes. I stayed out of them for about a week to ensure any leftover solution had a chance to evaporate, but so far so good.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Has anyone found vinyl layovers for the side markers? I did my tails and want to see what my titanium sedan would look like with smoked blinkers. Hmmmm...
SubtleStyle has done them with spray. I'm going to film tint them this weekend... You mean the ones on the door mirrors right?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I guess I could tint (spray/film) them this weekend when I take them apart to change the bulbs to something not orange...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought the tail light films online and then took them to a tint shop and they put them on for me since I failed the first time when I tried it myself.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tinting is def harder than it looks...

I would like to see what you do with the sidemarkers if you tint or change the bulb. Becuase i want to do mine as well. Plus lemme see those LED's!!! I didnt even thing to throw them in the tail housing... but then again im a ruh-tard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.