Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if you can still control your ipod from the steering wheel? Any particular site you bought the cable from? Do you have to turn your IPOD off everytime you get out of the car?

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought the cable from my dealer. With it you can move the songs forward or back with the steering wheel controls and thats about it.

Using the unit controls you have a little more options, but still not as nice as the ipods interface.

And I leave mine plugged in but hidden all the time. The only problem is sometimes the ipod gets stuck with and "OK to Disconnect" message and wont play until I reset it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I bought mine and i love it. on the display of the Ipod it has the KIA logo. The sound quality is good IMO

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks BLKSX and smic. I can't stand not having my ipod hooked up right now. It makes me crazy!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My dealer gave me one when I bought my sedan. I moved the iPod from the old car and it picked up in the middle of the same song.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
You can also plug an cheap USB drive with MP3 files and it'll do the same for far cheaper and no risk your precious i-pod being stollen!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
You can also plug an cheap USB drive with MP3 files and it'll do the same for far cheaper and no risk your precious i-pod being stollen!
I agree, this is what i've been doing and it works great.

Matemorh, have you noticed that if you select Random (RDM) that it resets to normal everytime you shut the car off or use the Bluetooth?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have grown to accept that I have to push "RDM" everytime I start my koup or use the phone..........its stupid that it keeps defaulting to off

My biggest gripe is that I cant choose to watch a movie on my iphone when its plugged in to the stereo. But if I was watching one before I get in the car and then plug it in, it will play the movie sound but not any picture. (and before anyone says I shouldn't be watching and driving....its a time killer for when I'm picking up my gf from work)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I agree, this is what i've been doing and it works great.

Matemorh, have you noticed that if you select Random (RDM) that it resets to normal everytime you shut the car off or use the Bluetooth?
I did ! A bit annoying (especialy for BT) and the channel 2 buttom will wear prematurely.:(
Hey! This car can't be ABSOLUTELY perfect!:cool: otherwise a buch of dude would cry over their overated civic!!!:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my ipod cable off ebay, it is the factory kia cable, was about $25 I think.

I agree though, it is great. The random problem is annoying, it never remembers. however, with the ipod when you hit random it shuffles up all of the songs, and the next time you plug it in it plays from the same playlist so they are still shuffled for you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought the iPod cable straight from the dealer, cost me around $50. For me, I only use my iPod for music. No radio, no CD's, and therefore it was quite worth the $50. The benefits are that you can control the volume and change the song straight from your steering wheel, also it displays the artist and song name one your screen which is quite a plus.

The main downfall is choosing a specific song, because the songs are ordered in an alphabetical order so if you're searching for a song that starts with 'F' then you're going to have to take a while to find the song. One suggestion is to make playlists, it will ease finding the song you are currently looking for.

Hope this helped, personally, I think the iPod cable is quite a good investment, but also a bit pricy. I recommend buying a used one of eBay.

Alek

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you plug the iPod in, it will remain in whatever mode it was last in. Want random music? Playlist? Artist? Simply use the iPod control prior to plug in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it's definitely not iPhone friendly. Learned that the hard way..

Works sometimes when I put it in iPod mode...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I got the cable free when I bought the car. I love being able to use my Ipod, but it can be a pain in the ass how you have to scroll through EVERY SINGLE SONG to find something. Make sure you have organized playlists to make it easier to navigate your ipod.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't have to scroll through every single song.. But all my mp3's are tagged properly.. So I click --> Artist --> Britney Spears --> All Songs --> Toxic.. Done..

Not too much scrolling there..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have to scroll through every single song.. But all my mp3's are tagged properly.. So I click --> Artist --> Britney Spears --> All Songs --> Toxic.. Done..

Not too much scrolling there..
I have my songs tagged properly too... but I have over 4100 songs on my 30gb ipod. It takes forever to scroll through all the artists. But I do like the sound quality.

Bill

·
Registered
320 Posts
What's the issue with the iPhone? mine works fine after I clear the non-compatible error.
I've never had an issue or error with an iPhone 3G or 3GS, both loaded with songs, eBooks and other files the stock radio can't read.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts