Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much explains itself. I bought my car in september, and haven't had it go off once. We had a pretty cold winter here (down to single digits alot of days) and i am happy/amazed that it didn't turn on.

so, any of you as lucky as i am?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I've never seen mine on. We've had basically the same winter with me being in NY and I've had mine since last April.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mine came on and stayed on for three weeks :mad: until i took it to the dealer, and i didnt have a low tire they all were around 32 psi

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Mine came on, I had low tire pressure...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Came on a few months after I bought it. Fortunately I just put more air into them, and haven't had it come back on since. I have to say that I haven't had any other issues with the car at all. Since I keep seeing so many people complain/talk about one issue or another, I feel good about not having anything come up.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Mine came on during the winter. I just let it be knowing it would go away as soon as it warmed up... and it did.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Mine's come on twice when something was wrong. I had my rear passengers side tire go flat, and now I have a leak in my rear drivers side tire, so it goes on withing 12 hours of filling it up. I've also had it briefly pop up on road trips when the elevation changes

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Had mine on, for a while... but thts b/c my tires were running BALD. Oh well, I don't have tht anymore. Plus I gots nitrogen in my tires :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine came on. Backing out of the garage something felt weird - like the car didn't want to roll. Looked down and saw TPMS light on. Got out and found flat left rear. Having been through about 5 nails in the past few years I have a plug kit. Half an hour later it was back on the road, nail removed. The light went out after about a half mile.

I had a Chrysler T&C minivan where the TPMS actually gave you the pressure for each individual tire. It was really helpful. Even helped me figure out which brake was dragging since the pressure in that tire went up because it got hotter than the others.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Mines comes on every two weeks to the day. I told the dealer and they checked for leaks bit something that takes two weeks wont be found. They said if it keeps up just stop in one days and they will remount to reseat the beads. Ill get to it eventually.

Fas, don't believe the nitrogen hype. All it is is a gas with less moisture so you wont get moisture in the tires. Think about it though. How would they ever get all of the air out of a tire? Its not possible. You maybe have 60% nitrogen in there if that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine came on about a month after I bought it. Stayed on for a while until i added air. Guess they were low.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
My tpms turned on after a nail that cuased blow out on the highway. I had zero indication that anything was wrong until the car pulled hard left.

A couple weeks later the tpms came on again, another f'ing nail. Fortunately was able to patch that one for me before I had to buy another tire.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If the TPMS light comes on that means there is an issue with the system or one of the sensors. If the low pressure light comes on that means your pressures are low. There are two different lights.

Turn the car to accessories w/o starting it and you will see the diff lights.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Don't believe the hype that nitrogen is hype. It does perform better at least in my climate. Here in AZ we can see some pretty significant changes in temps all in one day. Not only are the highs 30 degrees different than the lows, but within 30-45 minutes from the cities you can see elevations over 4000 feet.

I was experiencing loss of tire pressure when changing elevations or when leaving the Kia Sedona outside at night visiting family. The tpms would light up like Christmas. Once I switched to nitrogen in both vehicles neither one has had any issue with loss of air. In fact, I would always have to bump it up 3 or 4 psi regularly, but it holds rock solid now at the same level.

I was able to test this on a major road trip to the Midwest in winter with some subzero temps. Tires never lost any psi, the entire trip. I was shocked.

Now is this worth paying extra? For me it was an extra $20 for free balance and nitro for the life of the van, and I feel I got my money's worth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine had like 400 miles on it and the light came on as I was pulling into a parking lot. I shut it off, started her back up, and it was gone..lo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts