Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off get your minds out of the gutter :) . OK there is a pipe thread allen bolt that screws into the front side of the head on the passagner side. Does anyone know if this is an oil passage or water? I can take a picture if someone would like. but it is just below the engine cover far passanger side and a resessed allen bolt. I am looking at putting water temp and oil pressure gauges in and if that is an oil port it would work perf for the sensor. Always like to use the pressure reading in the head rather than the block as if you have pressure in the head then you have pressure in the block but not the other way around. you can have pressure in the block and have a passage blocked and getting no oil to the head. Thanks for any help.​

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Only one way to find out! Start 'er up and unscrew it! If scalding hot oil shoots on your face, then it's an oil passage!

Haha I'm only joking, please don't do this!

I'd see if KGIS has a diagram for the head, see if the bolt is on there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am thinking i may pull the bolt out and check tonight. just did not know if anyone had ever seen that or used it before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is why i said get your minds out of the gutter right away :) i know how you car people think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts