Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Headlamp Differences

OK, I've been looking at way to many Koup Pic's and I've noticed differences in the Headlamp Clusters from One Koup to another. I need to know, does anyone have Headlamps like these? I like the Black Around the outer part of the lamp with the groves cut into the area at the bottom, and the small Chrome detail between each lamp cluster.

All of the Koups I've seen here have Headlamps like this with the Chrome surrounds inside, and swept up over the turn signals at the outer corners.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Will have to check tomorrow in the day light. Not sure to be honest.

Your first pic looks to be a sedan since it has the chrome grille surround and the second and third pics have different grilles and bumper covers. Looking at the EVOX Images site, it seems to be photoshop site. That would explain the differences.

Edit: The top pic and second pic have the same grilles and almost the same lights. The second pic might be a base model sedan. The foglights give the third pic away as a Koup.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Kenny C. But I think the second one is a sedan as well because of the differing fog lamps that are missing on the bottom. And my car is the third one, i personally love the look of them. Though the second one looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Kenny C. But I think the second one is a sedan as well because of the differing fog lamps that are missing on the bottom. And my car is the third one, i personally love the look of them. Though the second one looks pretty sweet.
Yeah, had to edit my post.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It appears that Kia has changed the headlights for the Koup only, as of Oct 12, 2009 build date. Sedans (all trims) have one part number for all. Koups, on the other hand, have two - one for before and one for after that date. Now that is Canada, so possibly there is a difference in the US, but it is interesting, at least.

I just got two Koups off the truck last night, so tomorrow I'll peek and see which they have, and compare that to the one in the showroom (we've had it since September as an accessory display, so I know it's 'older'. I'll report back and tell if there is any differences to the naked eye.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
My sedan's head light has black around the inside while my Koup's head light is all chrome. Strange that it isn't the other way around considering the sedan has a chrome ring around the grille while the Koup has a blacked out grille...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
My sedan's head light has black around the inside while my Koup's head light is all chrome. Strange that it isn't the other way around considering the sedan has a chrome ring around the grille while the Koup has a blacked out grille...

My Thoughts Exactly! I like how the Black Internal Part of th Lamp Cluster Continues the Black theme of the grill around the front into the Headlamps and separates each lamp into it's own section.

I only used those pictures at the top because they were the clearest I could find of what I was describing, I almost assumed that since I found the Black cluster in more sedan pictures this was the case. But I did find quite a few pic's of Koups with the Black Cluster as well.

Even the Kinetic-1 Race Car Has the Black Cluster.

I have also read from around the world people talking about the different front side reflectors. Some people have solid Silver Reflectors, some have solid Amber Reflectors, and then others have the segmented reflectors with 4 sections separated by thin black lines, Which is all I've seen here, which actually match the reflectors built into the sides of the Tail Lamps.

Solid Silver Reflector

Solid Amber Reflector

4 Segment Amber Reflector. (Notice, Also With Black Headlamps)

And Here's the 4 Segment Side Reflectors built into the Tail Lamps that match....

I just found this picture, It appears the silver one in the foreground has the Black Cluster, with Silver 4 Segment Side Reflectors. A variation I hadn't seen or heard of yet, but, from what I can tell, the Red, Blue and Gray Koups in the background all have the Chrome Clusters with Solid Silver Side Reflectors? Odd....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts