Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to get replacement headlight bulbs got h11b's and the stupid connector is different why does Kia have to use special bulbs

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The low beams are h11b and the high beams are h1. There is a sticky in the DIY section about all lights in the fortes.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just don't like that they do not use a standard h11b bulb that would be plug and play

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah I been looking them up I asked for the h11b but they gave me wrong ones at the store now I feel like an idiot

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think no matter what you'll have to do some rigging with the HID's as the bulb has to go out to the ballast then back to the actual harness, I did at least.
No not really any rigging is involved, unless you get a harness and thats very simple. Only problem I had was where I wanted to mount my wiring harness. I bought mine from Diode Dynamics. They originally sent me the wrong ones, but I kept the wrong ones cause they didn't charge me. Took them forever to ship the correct ones.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Mine was easy enough I just had to cut off the plastic cover that was around the connector. But it was really easy after that....

·
Registered
519 Posts
those still arnt actual H11B bulbs ^^

H11B have the stupid connectors attached

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
695 Posts
I dont think it is even possible to make a plug and play system since you will always have that twist connector that will have to go into the original connector in the headlight. Since most of use used the spade connector, I am lead to believe this is going to be the best we can hope for.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I dont think it is even possible to make a plug and play system since you will always have that twist connector that will have to go into the original connector in the headlight. Since most of use used the spade connector, I am lead to believe this is going to be the best we can hope for.
That's what I said in my post, Benjamin said he got something that was plug and play, maybe he can post pictures of what he got since I can't fathom what would work for that.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I could be wrong but i think that there are some kits that just have a spade type connector on the ends and the plug into the stock connectors and are using the word plug and play loosely.

I ended up buying the DDM slim ballace and cut the connectors off the h11 and soldered spades to the end and made them work. Except for a small water damaged relay they have been working well for 8 months now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts