Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Im interested in fitting some Audi style lights inside my light housing, can someone explain to me how to remove the clear plastic cover from the black housing without breaking it?

2,213 Posts
DONT DO IT!!!! lol its a pain in the a$$. you have to stick it in the oven, and keep checking it, and if ya screw up, you pretty much melt your headlight housing. not worth it. try putting them underneath the housing! alot easier and probably looks better!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've done this on previous cars, wasnt that bad actually, the baking part isnt bad, its the part where you have to put it together again, because if you dont seal it right, you will get condensation in your headlights.

2,213 Posts
ive actually seen water get into a headlight housing so much, it looked like an aquarium! lol if you've never done it, i suggest you not try it on your own car lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cheers guys.
I think i`ll give it a miss and put them under the lights instead

Good choice
i Fucked my lights up good. i had to buy a new one for the passenger side.(ebay refurbished one)

·
Registered
589 Posts
hmmm..it really isn't that bad. just takes lots of patience. bake in the oven at 220 for 10 mins, take out with oven mitts and gently pry apart. putting them back together is just as easy. bake in oven at 220 for 10 mins again, press back together making sure you get all the clips in place. once it's cooled and back together place in oven again for another 10 mins, take out and do one final "press" together.

I retro'd projectors and LEDs in to my housings and haven't have any issues with condensation. even drove through the heaviest rain storm i've ever been in a week or two after the mod and not one spec on water was inside the housings.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmmm..it really isn't that bad. just takes lots of patience. bake in the oven at 220 for 10 mins, take out with oven mitts and gently pry apart. putting them back together is just as easy. bake in oven at 220 for 10 mins again, press back together making sure you get all the clips in place. once it's cooled and back together place in oven again for another 10 mins, take out and do one final "press" together.

I retro'd projectors and LEDs in to my housings and haven't have any issues with condensation. even drove through the heaviest rain storm i've ever been in a week or two after the mod and not one spec on water was inside the housings.
have you done anything like on any other car previous to this mod?

·
Registered
589 Posts
^ yep, did the same thing to my 1993 Mazda MX6. was a very similar procedure. The only difference was the size of the headlight housings. The Koup's headlights are probably double the size as the MX6's were. haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts