Kia Forte Forum banner

Headlight LED Strip!

19K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  Toastedforte 
#1 ·
A big thanks to Aidensgrand for giving me the idea to do my Led's this way. Instead of on the bottom of the headlights, I had the strips put onto the top! I like the look of them this way better then Audi style!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Forte1631
#29 ·
FlyTrap, it looks really good. Thinking of doing this myself now. Are these the switchbacks you guys are talking about?

#30 ·
FlyTrap, it looks really good. Thinking of doing this myself now. Are these the switchbacks you guys are talking about?
Those are the ones I have on order. I believe Flytrap got his from Diode Dynamics.

#32 ·
on the DDM website it says "When installing LED bulbs into turn signal lights you may need a set of Load Resistors to prevent hyper flash / dash lights." -- is this true, or is it straight up Plug&Play?

#33 ·
on the DDM website it says "When installing LED bulbs into turn signal lights you may need a set of Load Resistors to prevent hyper flash / dash lights." -- is this true, or is it straight up Plug&Play?
You're going to need either Load Resistors or Flash Modules.
With the LED Lights, they take less power, so your car thinks that there is no bulb in the housing and it's going to blink hella fast. The Load Resistor or the Module fixes that.:D

#34 · (Edited)
EP-34 LED flash relay is what I used. It replaces the stock relay, under the dash, near the steering column. Diode Dynamics also has one called the CP-13. And yes it is definitely needed.

The EPA-34 can be purchased at most any AutoZone or Pep Boys for about $12.

#36 ·
From what I gather, it seems to me that the Flash Module is the easier of the two options. That's the way I'm gonna go when I get my switchbacks delivered.

#38 ·
Is there already a DIY post for this?

#39 ·
There is a DIY instruction on here somewhere, I can't remember who posted it, but it's on here! If you do a search I'm sure it'll pop up:)

#41 ·
I bought the 19 inch White Strips for the Headlights and I bought the 4 inch Blue Strip for the Phone tray.
I'll post pics of the lights in the daytime when I get home :)

#42 ·
Finally had time to post pics of the Leds in the daytime:)

Attachments

#44 ·
I bought the 19 inch White Strips for the Headlights and I bought the 4 inch Blue Strip for the Phone tray. The phone tray just needed the add a fuse. and my buddy did the headlight led's. Looked like a simple job if you know how to solder wires:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.