Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headlights do not work or inside lights will not come on any one have this problem on 2010 ex forte

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not much information, such as have you checked or tested anything? The level of help you get generally depends on the amount of effort you put in.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Well, start with the simple. Is is battery dead? Have you checked the fuses?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you read the whole thread?

Can you start there?
Well the thread is pretty short, so I was just hoping OP had an update. I only discovered last night right before posting that both of the same lights on mine were out too, and I had to drive home in the dark from work with high beams on to actually make out the road. The green headlights icon wasn't lighting up on my dash, but the blue icon for the high beams worked. Our driveway area is not lit well (it's a pretty dark area) so I couldn't look at the fuses, but I admit I wouldn't know where to start. The radio works and the glove box light comes on when I open it, so I'm guessing the battery is fine? I'm not really savvy in this area and was hoping OP had an update so I can make sure that I have money this month to fix it if it's something more serious.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Well the thread is pretty short, so I was just hoping OP had an update.
That's the problem. The OP posted that over a year ago and that was their only post. And if you click on their profile you will see they haven't even logged in here in about 11 months. So I think they are a dead end.

I only discovered last night right before posting that both of the same lights on mine were out too, and I had to drive home in the dark from work with high beams on to actually make out the road. The green headlights icon wasn't lighting up on my dash, but the blue icon for the high beams worked. Our driveway area is not lit well (it's a pretty dark area) so I couldn't look at the fuses, but I admit I wouldn't know where to start. The radio works and the glove box light comes on when I open it, so I'm guessing the battery is fine? I'm not really savvy in this area and was hoping OP had an update so I can make sure that I have money this month to fix it if it's something more serious.
I'm gonna try to help but it's not easy over the Internet. So I'm gonna ask a bunch of questions to try and figure out what's going on and where to attack the problem.

So what I'm understanding is, the high-beams work but the low-beams do not. And the green indicator light in the dash doesn't light up for the low-beams. Is that correct?

Did the car have a green light in the dash before? Does the car have fog lights? (they were standard on SX models but optional on EX) If so, do they work? I ask because on my 2011 SX hatchback, there is no green light indicator for the headlights. It's only for the fog lights.

·
Super Moderator
277 Posts
^ That and... pull the bulbs and check them. My buddy's Spectra had both its lowbeam filaments burn out at the exact same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts