Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got my second speeding ticket in a month... i swear friggin Toronto police are gunin for this car... in both instances I was picked out of rush hour traffic moving with the flow and got nailed... FML
So as I have one ticket awaiting a court date now I have to file a second one...

Koup drivers beware of Toronto Police Speed traps cuz we will almost always lose!

·
Registered
358 Posts
What was the ticket for?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
speeding... 60 in a 40 ... 20 over and 3 demerits... and the one I got about amonth ago was in the same block (Dufferin and Finch area) and was 21 over (81 in a 60-which is complete b.s. no way I was going that fast up a hil from a red light) with another 3 demerits... so I got some hefty court fees to pay to get these faught...

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's the benefit of having a white car. In the Florida sun it just looks like streaks of sunlight flying by. :p The trooper was boxed in in the second lane and I flew by in the fifth lane. I'm sure if he didn't have to go through two lines of of cars I would have been toast. got lucky! :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
So just got my second speeding ticket in a month... i swear friggin Toronto police are gunin for this car... in both instances I was picked out of rush hour traffic moving with the flow and got nailed... FML
So as I have one ticket awaiting a court date now I have to file a second one...

Koup drivers beware of Toronto Police Speed traps cuz we will almost always lose!
Just fight the ticket, usually takes more than an year to get you to the court and the ticket will be waved.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe where you are from the speed limit is an option. In south Florida

Lane 1 = up to 65 mph the speed limit: highly contested with a lot of sudden breaking for people getting on and off the interstate / a lot of erratic driving from old people [dangerous].
Lane 2 = 75 mph: tons of people merging/bobing and weaving
Lane 3 = 85 mph: tons of big rigs
Lane 4 = 95 mph: probably the safest most steady flow
Lane 5 = Pedal to the medal (100+ mph)

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Maybe next time you will do the speed limit?
x2

Although I will admit, it is EXTREMELY difficult to do the speed limit in these cars. I consistently find myself doing 15 over without realizing. I need to take my own advice here and get a radar detector in this car (I hardwire all my radar detectors--if someone really wants to steal it they'll have to go to a lot of work to do it, but it also prevents me from sharing it with other vehicles, so I have to get one radar detector per vehicle). While the radar detector won't prevent tickets entirely, it will give you that 2 second heads up to slow down 5-10 more mph before he sees you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just fight the ticket, usually takes more than an year to get you to the court and the ticket will be waved.
I this is a bit of bad advice.. I've been told this a million times.. I've fought a ticket and it was never waved. It will most likely be reduced, but not waved.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I've only had luck getting them reduced too, but you can always go to those ticket fighting establishments. I hear they're very persuasive... Seeing as you got humped twice, you should 'pay' those ex-coppers a visit....seriously. Your insurance will have a field day with you if you don’t clear those up.

·
Registered
973 Posts
i got a ticket on 95, 79 in a 70.... in SC.
wow i cant believe they even noticed that on 95
i go upwards of 80 every morning with cops going the other way and no problems yet lol
this is on back roads though
but i definitely went 90 the whole way to orlando, parts of it on 95
people were still passing me lol

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
x2

Although I will admit, it is EXTREMELY difficult to do the speed limit in these cars. I consistently find myself doing 15 over without realizing. I need to take my own advice here and get a radar detector in this car (I hardwire all my radar detectors--if someone really wants to steal it they'll have to go to a lot of work to do it, but it also prevents me from sharing it with other vehicles, so I have to get one radar detector per vehicle). While the radar detector won't prevent tickets entirely, it will give you that 2 second heads up to slow down 5-10 more mph before he sees you.
There is also the radar detector that is built into a rear view mirror that you could install. Probably faster and less visible to car thieves.

I have never had any luck getting a ticket waived either. Luckily I don't get many of those type. Mostly photo radar around these parts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Because of my heavy foot and speedy SX I've been stopped twice since I've owned it. I try to use cruise control as often as possible even if driving slow is boring at times :p

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i've always taken the traffic school option on all my speeding tickets over the years........1 in virginia, 2 in okinawa, 3 in tampa......
(still holding steady on the tampa ones--- last one was when i still had the firebird......86 in a 55......hey-but it was 0300 in the morning- and there was no one on the roadway but me- and him parked behind the berm waiting.....)

i thought that my last speeding ticket was the end of the world- since i used up all my "traffic school" options---but what does the fla legislators do? they raised the limit to 5....
now i am scared ;)

and as far as getting out of tickets experiences---?
more of them than tickets- lol- best one must have been where i was very clearly caught- but ended up getting chewed out by a state trooper(w/the smokey bear hat) - i am 6'2- this guy must have been 5'0...the whole time he is chewing me out- all i could see was the top of his hat.......and i am thinking- well- the more he chews- the less writing he is doing :) reminded me so much of boot camp - i had to laugh after he drove off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.