Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm looking into getting a forte koup sx in a few months. i've been doing my research within other brands, test driving and reading reviews, but i've only ever driven the forte sedan so i don't know what the koup will be like. is it much different? i drove the sx sedan so it had the same powertrain.

Also i've never really driven an MT before but i hear that using the clutch is a little tricky. is it really that bad?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have the EX 2.0L 5 speed manual. I didn't have any issues with shifting or stalling but that may be the SX model that has the issues. The trottle mod mentioned on the forums seems to fix the stalling problems on manuals. I do have a annoying intake pop on occasion but haven't gotten around to getting the dealer to run an ECU update that is supposed to fix this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm testing out a white forte koup sx after work. I'm really looking forward to see how it drives. The only problem though is that i can't buy it for a while, so if I love it afterwards it's going to be torture until i can buy one :( me no likey torture....:p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well i test drove it friday, and the dealer let me borrow it for a day. i absolutely love this car. if i could buy it right away i would. my car sucks in comparison. unfortunatly it was raining the entire time i had it. but one things for sure. the windshield wipers kick ass :D what i like the most about it is the sitting position i had in it. i love my grand am for the way i sit in it and the forte is nearly identical to it. so with added performance and comfort added on to what i already love. this car is tops man.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Hey Ninjacola, I'm from E-Town too. And I have a white Koup SX-R. Did you ever end up buying one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts