Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Joe and I am from Michigan. I am currently saving up money and working towards purchasing my first car. I am liking the Kia Forte Koup more and more each day I plan to get one soon. I am here to getting involved with this growing culture, learn as much as I can about this car and it's company, discuss car topics, see the direction of the Forte for the future, and meet some new similar minded people! I look forward to the times to come everyone!

-Joe

P.S. I am really into car tuning, performance more so than aesthetics.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Heyy welcome! You should defff get a koup I love mine. And its soo much fun moddin it. Which one were u lookin into getting and I assume ud want m/t since u r into performance?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,891 Posts
Hello Joe...since this will be your first car purchase I'll play "devil's advocate" -- do your research, consider what your life will be like for the next 4-5 years and purchase accordingly. While I recommend the Koup as a fun car - don't get it in your head that you'll be "tearing up" the road in a Koup. Manual trannys have a way of making a car "fun" to drive -- but if you live in the same world as most of us it means traffic and lots of stop-and-go fun...manuals get old real fast (been there, done that). You should consider passengers -- have lots of friends/family? If so you should consider a sedan. As far as resale...automatics help when it comes time to sell when you want to get another car -- better than 90% of cars sold have autos -- that means less than 10% of buyers are looking for manual trannys.
Remember too that at your age, life decisions happen quickly -- school, job changing, girlfriend, marriage, and possibly kids have a way of suddenly becoming part of your world...LoL! Make sure you purchase the right car for you and your future.

2,213 Posts
^ coming from the guy that has 2 fortes!!!! Lol I say get the koup sx with the 6spd...then save up another 5k for the turbo!! But that's just my opinion...then if you really wanna hook it up, throw in a peachie peach airfreshner.. 100hp gain, and it won't void your warranty!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,891 Posts
^ coming from the guy that has 2 fortes!!!! Lol I say get the koup sx with the 6spd...then save up another 5k for the turbo!! But that's just my opinion...then if you really wanna hook it up, throw in a peachie peach airfreshner.. 100hp gain, and it won't void your warranty!

Fixed LOL: "coming from the old geezer that has 2 fortes and a Sorento, raised three kids and has three Grandkids"!!!! I get to choose the vehicle to use depending on what I'm doing...LoL

I think you need to provide some dyno proof or strip ETs for your peachie airfreshner...something tells me you're a little off...LoL!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts