Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My name is Josh. I'm located in the Central Georgia area and grew up in Macon. I'm Still new to Kia and the Forte Koup as this is the first I've had of both. I purchased my Silver 2010 Koup SX Auto on Black Friday. Honestly it was somewhat of an impulse buy. I also own a 96 Ford probe that I was using as a DD but it is just to unreliable and was going to cost way too much to fix the way I wanted it. Decided that money is better spent on something new that I can rely on and has a warranty. My 2 day search for something I liked and was in the price range I wanted, and found myself at one of the last places I expected to be. Went to look at the car and drove it home the same night.

Only a few things about the car that bug me so far.
  • front tag mount
Georgia doesn't have front tags so why install the tag mount? Free dealer advertising of course. Now if I take it off I have 5 big holes in my lower grille/bumper.:mad:
  • small fuel tank
Only 13 gallons? Even my Probe held more than that. It'll just take some getting use to.
  • shift points
When driving in normal auto mode it feels like it takes to long to shift. Only 1K on the odometer so far though, computer may still be learning or something.

What I want to do to the car:
  1. Make payments on time each month (top of the list, most important and comes before anything else)
  2. All Weather Floor Mats
  3. Cargo Tray & Net
  4. Fitted seat covers (Probably IGGEE)
  5. Trailer Hitch for mounting bike rack
  6. Windows tinted to match sun roof
  7. Sharkfin Antenna (the good one)
  8. Trunk Lip spoiler
  9. Floor mats with the SX logo rather than all red

Now for the pics.
These first ones are form the dealer advertisement on their site.

These are pretty much as it sits now.

To prove it's an SX

The dealer tried to pull a fast one on me. They tried to tell me that those were the stock wheels on that car. Hell they also thought that it was an EX until the dealer went inside to get the keys, I already knew that i was an SX due to the markings on the trunk lid. Apparently someone wanted the SX wheels that were on my car so they swapped them. Fortunately for them I decided I preferred these wheels as soon as I saw them. Can anyone ID them for me, they appear to be same as on a 2011 Koup that someone on the forums has. All I know is that they are 17" Kia factory wheels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the club fellow Georgian. Nice ride.
Lately seems like a dice roll on which rims you get. At Jeff Smith in Perry some of their 2011s have the 2010 rims and 2010 with 2011 rims. Less the dealers have been swapping them around.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure what trunk markings indicate it's an SX, but in Canada leather seats are standard for an SX I believe. At least for the 2011s.

When you register the vehicle the VIN should tell you if you do indeed have an SX, right?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the US Leather is optional, cloth is standard. From what I've been able to tell (atleast here in the US) the SX has the red in the Koup emblem and the EX does not. The window sticker, which was laying in the back floor board when I went to look at it, also told me that it was an SX. IIRC the speaker lighting only comes on the SX here as well and mine has that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on ur new ride!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good decision on the wheel swap. IMO those are the best factory wheels for the Forte. Clean looking....not as in dirty.:D

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
I'm not sure what trunk markings indicate it's an SX, but in Canada leather seats are standard for an SX I believe. At least for the 2011s.

When you register the vehicle the VIN should tell you if you do indeed have an SX, right?
In NA the first part of the VIN for an SX would be: KNAFW6. But the fog lights give it away too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome welcome. enjoy the ride. nice looking color too. i have the same hiccup problem when shifting in auto but you get use to it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Heyyy welcome to the family lol. Hope u r enjoying your koup! The mods r soo addicting tho once u do one thing its on to the next haha

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got to many other projects in the works right now so mods will be very limited aside from the stuff mentioned above. Only thing I'm thinking about adding that isn't listed in my first post is the KIA remote start unit, but my dealer wants $500 installed and I just can't do that right now.

I probably should have mentioned in my first post I'm 25, single, a home owner, and a vehicle addict. The latter seems to be growing in my yard like weeds. Including the Koup and Probe mentioned above I currently own 6 vehicles. I've got the following (in order of purchase):

1984 Ford Ranger
1999 Ford Ranger
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre
1996 Ford Probe
1986 Ford Ranger
2010 Kia Forte Koup

See a little bit of a pattern there? If the list were rearranged as to which gets project money first, the only thing that comes after the Koup is the Probe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got to many other projects in the works right now so mods will be very limited aside from the stuff mentioned above. Only thing I'm thinking about adding that isn't listed in my first post is the KIA remote start unit, but my dealer wants $500 installed and I just can't do that right now.

I probably should have mentioned in my first post I'm 25, single, a home owner, and a vehicle addict. The latter seems to be growing in my yard like weeds. Including the Koup and Probe mentioned above I currently own 6 vehicles. I've got the following (in order of purchase):

1984 Ford Ranger
1999 Ford Ranger
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre
1996 Ford Probe
1986 Ford Ranger
2010 Kia Forte Koup

See a little bit of a pattern there? If the list were rearranged as to which gets project money first, the only thing that comes after the Koup is the Probe.
I have a viper remote start alarm system mine was 430 installd from best buy and is warrentied and they'll take it out for free when I get a new car. Mine was soo pricey cuz I wantd a top a the line one, and the alarm system if u jus want a remote start u could prolly get one for around 200 or less. Look sum up on best buy they have alota good ones and I got mine installd in less than a day

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks but I want to stick with the factory unit. From what I've heard from family and people I work with dealers in the area are bad about warranty claims. They for what ever reason feel like everything is coming out of their pocket, and not being reimbursed by the company. Last thing I need is an electrical problem on the car and them void the warranty by saying problem due to having an aftermarket remote start/alarm system installed. The Kia unit is pretty much plug-n-play designed for the car, pretty hard to say that it's the cause of the problem, and being OEM also hard to void the warranty because of it. As far as installation goes I could buy the unit and install it myself no problem. I work on aircraft for a living, cars are easy in comparison. But I think I'd rather let them install it so that if they break anything in the process they have to fix it, not me. As for the money I'll be able to do it in a few months, but right now I have to finish paying off a riding mower (~$800 over about 4 months), Pay for classes next quarter (~$700), Make the first payment on the car (~$320), and pay the difference in the insurance price (~$250), and that's on top of about $700 worth of house payment and utility bills So It'll be a few months before feel like I have enough flexible income laying around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.