Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

My name is Greg and I'm from Long Island, NY. I've been coasting the forums over the past couple of weeks and, now that I've finally got my Koup, I decided to join up.

Some info on the car:
It's a 2010 Koup EX
Ebony Black
Black Cloth
5-speed MT

I'm loving it so far and I can't wait to get more time in the drivers seat. I'm coming from the VW community and I've only owned German cars so this is an interesting switch for me. I never thought I'd be driving a Kia.

Here's a quick pic that I took this morning.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know, I've gotta get that front license plate off. I'm gonna take care of that soon.

Anyway, so that's a little about me and my car. I look forward to browsing the forums and learning more and meeting new people and seeing some beautiful cars.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Lol kia...bro I got the high flow cat today....damn it's a lot louder. And the bad thing is....idk if I like it :( but just ordered my wheels :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome g man! Glad to add LI'ers to the forte community! How old are you? And I just ordered Enkei EKM3's in hyper silver :) 18's :) so nice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome g man! Glad to add LI'ers to the forte community! How old are you? And I just ordered Enkei EKM3's in hyper silver :) 18's :) so nice!
I just turned 23 back in January. You?

Those are nice wheels dude. I've always loved enkei wheels... And oz superturismos. I've always wanted a set of superturismos...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm 20. I like those too but you see them too much. They're on like every GTI I see (including 2 friends) lol u have any mods done to your koup?

2,213 Posts
I remember when I was 20...... God you make me feel old!!!! Hahaha You have to relearn how to drive when you have the high flow cat....so you don't wake up the neighbors lol

Its about time you ordered them, what color?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm 20. I like those too but you see them too much. They're on like every GTI I see (including 2 friends) lol u have any mods done to your koup?
I don't see them too often. I mostly see riced out cars around me haha. So far the koup is stock, I just picked her up on Tuesday, but I have a few plans. Maybe I'll startup a thread going through everything I do when I do it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
KIA I got them in hyper silver. I saw a pic of these enkeis on a silver koup and love that look so I wanted to do that rather than taking a chance with gunmetal and maybe not liking it. The high flow cat is a little loud for my liking and yes I def have to relearn how to drive haha and yes u are old lol.

Gman: that's the beauty of this forum...u can ask for opinions, post your results and get feedback and everyones great. My koup is modded to a T lol not riced modded but sexually modded hahaha

2,213 Posts
KIA I got them in hyper silver. I saw a pic of these enkeis on a silver koup and love that look so I wanted to do that rather than taking a chance with gunmetal and maybe not liking it. The high flow cat is a little loud for my liking and yes I def have to relearn how to drive haha and yes u are old lol.

Gman: that's the beauty of this forum...u can ask for opinions, post your results and get feedback and everyones great. My koup is modded to a T lol not riced modded but sexually modded hahaha
Hahahaha EF YOU!!!! lol next time you need help with something and send me 5 trillion PM's....I'm gonna tell you to ask someone your own age!! Then you'll really be screwed! lol

Good to hear about the rims, take pics when mommy gives you your allowance and you have enough money to put them on! Lmao jk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I had the day off yesterday and I finally got around to getting some things done on the car.

Nothing crazy, I painted the numbers on the shift knob...

...and did some grill pinstriping. Simple stuff, I think it looks nice though.

And yes that's a Rio in the background, it's my moms.

Next will be the calipers to match the pinstriping. Which will be done as soon as I have off AND it's not raining. I can't wait for April to end.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Gman: what did u use for pinstriping? That doesn't look like tape. It looks like the plastic looking stuff that's on GTI's. Looks good man!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I definitely like the pinstriping. I think little things like that really make a car stand out. I was planning on painting my calipers red soon. I am definitely interested in the pinstriping like you did. What all is involved in that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.