Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’m the proud owner of a white 2020 Kia Forte GT Manual as of a week. This is actually my first manual car, so you can imagine the ride I had getting this thing home. I’ve been practicing but is far I’m having fun. I don’t stall as much now lol. I was one of those people who never thought I would own a KIA years ago but I’m very impressed. I’m glad to be hear as well. Pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
Welcome to forteforums!

Pics are always welcome...:)

It is a wonderful feeling the first time you drive a manual car and don't stall it or jerk it around taking off...LOL! Nothing like getting frustrated because you stall it and end up laying some rubber through an intersection...:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome to forteforums!

Pics are always welcome...:)

It is a wonderful feeling the first time you drive a manual car and don't stall it or jerk it around taking off...LOL! Nothing like getting frustrated because you stall it and end up laying some rubber through an intersection...:)
Welcome to the forum from Thunder Bay, Ontario; Canada! Lots of great info here and friendly people!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
Welcome to manual ownership! It’s gonna be a lot of fun. The Forte manual is quite easy to learn on. I’ve already taught two different people on mine. It just takes time and practice. I remember the first time I drove stick in my first car (Volvo turbo wagon) I got nervous at a light on a hill and accidentally revved that puppy up to around 4 grand and dumped the clutch. The was my first experience with the ludicrous front drive burnouts that car was capable of. It’s all part of the experience. Don’t get frustrated, take your time to learn everything out, and have fun with it. Soon enough you’ll be blipping downshifts and feeling like a race car driver

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
Hahaha nice. It was a habit on my old (somewhat newer) Volvo. Get in, start it, put on seatbelt, press and hold traction button to shut off all of the electronic driver aids, press the “read” button three times to clear all the error messages, and press the right mirror button so the driver mirror wouldn’t adjust itself (lol - that car wasn’t exactly perfect. Fun though). Then drive haha

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
If you hold the traction control button down for a few seconds, it doesn’t disable traction and stability control? I don’t have a manual so it might be different?
If you just press it it turns off traction control. That turns off all the way. If you press and hold the button you get a message that says traction and stability control are off. It also shuts off the auto braking safety stuff. It does dial back stability control, but it doesn’t shut all the way off. I drive my car really hard sometimes and try to get it to slide, and it’ll allow a little more sideways that with everything on but it does cut back in hard if you do get it sideways, even though it says you shut it off. I wish it would truly shut itself all the way off

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you just press it it turns off traction control. That turns off all the way. If you press and hold the button you get a message that says traction and stability control are off. It also shuts off the auto braking safety stuff. It does dial back stability control, but it doesn’t shut all the way off. I drive my car really hard sometimes and try to get it to slide, and it’ll allow a little more sideways that with everything on but it does cut back in hard if you do get it sideways, even though it says you shut it off. I wish it would truly shut itself all the way off
Ok I see, I was just under the impression that they were both disabled.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
Ok I see, I was just under the impression that they were both disabled.
That’s what I thought too until I really started pushing it. It kind of gets in the way a bit if you are driving past the limit of grip. It doesn’t really bother you until it starts to slide, but I wish it would just shut off all the way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That’s what I thought too until I really started pushing it. It kind of gets in the way a bit if you are driving past the limit of grip. It doesn’t really bother you until it starts to slide, but I wish it would just shut off all the way.
I suppose I’d have to go for a few spirited drives with it both ways to really see for myself, huh. LOL

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
244 Posts
I suppose I’d have to go for a few spirited drives with it both ways to really see for myself, huh. LOL
Yep haha. I’m trying to wear out the factory tires so I don’t have to store them when I get winter tires LOL. And I want it to break before the warranty expires. So I drive it super hard all the time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts