Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i picked up the diode dynamics HID set with the wiring harness.

I pretty much figured out where everything goes except for 2 wires.

Located in the picture i attached #5 which is shown as a black and blue wire with a connector on the end. now the harness i was supplied with just has a white and black wires without this plastic connector on the end.

So my question is where do i attach these two wires, i assume they are the ones that bring the power on and off to the lights???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I have the same issue lol, I thought there would be instructions for the wiring harness with the Diode Dynamics HID kit

I'm linking up with StreetKiaz later today to put my HID fogs in, I'll see if I can figure out how to install the wiring harness

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i did, the diagram is great either than the little difference, the problem i am having is i have no idea where to attach these wires on the car. Paul says to pop them into the stock headlight power socket. I dont know where on the car that is, and do i have to remove the old wires to pop these 2 new ones in??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay so here's where im having some issues with the wiring harness, hope this helps somebody help me

so hopefully with these pictures someone can assist with figuring out where these 2 wires are supposed to go

·
Registered
432 Posts
You have to connect the wires to the OEM connector inside the headlight housings. Pop off the round cover behind the headlight and you'll see a 2-pin connector...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
perfect, ill check that out. So is there already 2 wires connected in there from the stock wiring, and should I remove those if they are some wires there

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks a lot dude, just went in and took a look. figured it out, got em all installed in about 1 1/2 hours.

thanks again

I'll post some pics in case there is anyone else was having problems

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Looks great. Just guessing that would be "ADAMSCAR" right? ;) I need HIDS in mine to complete the lights.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha yeah ADAMSCAR. Disobeying speed limits on a street near you!! yep after I pop the HIDs in I'm thinking I should do the fog lights as well. Theyre looking pretty sad compared to the headlights now

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that sounds a lot easier than popping in more HIDs, how much are those 5150K ones. or do you think its better to go with some different colour like the deep yellow ones???

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
the 5150k are from luminics usa bought them off of ebay for $40 including shipping took like 18 days to get here. As for colour that is what ever you would like. I might just switch them for HID later haven't decided yet.

You really have to come out to one of our coffee meets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.