Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone i didnt really know where to post this but its about a mod kind of so i decided here.

im about to get my first new car (evar) and the koup really has been calling to me. however im very new at manual and the reviews about the crappy clutch and odd throttle response really turned me off.

After reading the TPS mod i was just curious as to whether or not it COMPLETLY fixes the annoyances having to do with manual driving?

im really sorry this is such a noobish question but the koup is THIS close to being a perfect car ><

·
Registered
25 Posts
im happy to anounce to you my friend...that the mod works perfectly....if you hit the right voltage....is AWESOME (Forte EX premium sedan manual....and goes like a plane)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im happy to anounce to you my friend...that the mod works perfectly....if you hit the right voltage....is AWESOME (Forte EX premium sedan manual....and goes like a plane)

so itll even take care of the "weird" clutch that people say this car has?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
I think Kia removed the delay valve on the new models that was causing the "weird" clutch problem. I'm not a manual-user...so...my best advice to you is go test drive one for yourself and "see" if you enjoy driving the car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can not recommend that you learn manual on a new car - if you mess up the clutch it's not covered under warranty. Learn manual on an old miata.

i dont exactly have enough to buy an old miata...and i dont exactly know anyone XD...but i get your point :). but the thing is i know how to drive manual i learned on a 99 golf. i just dont want a hard to drive manual you know? hence the reason im not getting GTI or whatnot

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you can drive a manual, you can drive the forte koup in manual. it just takes some time getting used to. I havent done the TPS mod yet, but im sure the clutch will perform better. Dont let the "laggy" clutch stop you from getting the manual koup.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
also- in regards to "learning" the nature of the clutch/throttle bit w/these dear cars---
at least you dont have years of experience w/other types of cars to 'unlearn'--
therefore-
i predict that you will warm up to the forte's really quick :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah there is a personality to all cars and their clutches. My Forte is a bit temperamental(no mods yet) but nothing a few days of practice can`t fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alrighty then. i can handle a little bit of personality XD. i actually had one random question for you all ppl who have more knowledge than i.

hows the sound system in it? i couldnt seem to find any details online (probably cuz i missed someting somewhere)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Hi there everyone i didnt really know where to post this but its about a mod kind of so i decided here.

im about to get my first new car (evar) and the koup really has been calling to me. however im very new at manual and the reviews about the crappy clutch and odd throttle response really turned me off.

After reading the TPS mod i was just curious as to whether or not it COMPLETLY fixes the annoyances having to do with manual driving?

im really sorry this is such a noobish question but the koup is THIS close to being a perfect car ><

We're on the same boat here buddy. The Koup (aka KOUPEE KAPULET) is my first car ever. Its a 6 speed, i couldn't have went with a better option. Not gonna lie to you, the first week, you're gonna stall alot, and it will take time getting used to, but once the first week is over, you'll start learning where the clutch grabs, and you'll be a pro at it. I did the TPS mod after 3 weeks of owning the car, its a huge difference, you don't have to do it, but once you do it, driving will be easier, and you can slip the clutch in without the gas. :D .

I think they're referring to the CDV (clutch delay valve). It can cause jerky shifts. It only bothers me when I shift quickly, as it delays power transfer.
I always wondered why it jerked when i shifted too quickly.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
alrighty then. i can handle a little bit of personality XD. i actually had one random question for you all ppl who have more knowledge than i.

hows the sound system in it? i couldnt seem to find any details online (probably cuz i missed someting somewhere)
Sound system's actually surprisingly good for a factory system in this class of car. Good sound quality, decent speakers.

If you listen to anything with heavy bass, though, the stock speakers vibrate a LOT. Doesn't distort the sound much, but it feels like it might actually break something from fatigue eventually.

I don't mind it as is, but I won't pretend it will impress a car audio enthusiast; there's some good material on the site here on how to upgrade; a sub in the trunk would likely remedy the bass issues.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I definitely recommend TPS mod if you can feel the dead spot on the accelerator. In fact, ask if the dealer is willing to do it for you for a small fee. The jerky shift isn't a problem for most of normal driving pattern. I only experienced it when trying to really accelerate from a dead stop with very quick shifts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so if i do the CDV removal mod would the car not get jerky with quick shifts? (this is all jsut curiosity im not really going to drive it that hard that often)

and for the audio does anybody know the stock watts for the system?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts