Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just a quickie!
about to installmy roadruns, and i dont want to break anything. I took the four top screws/plugs out, and If i bend the grill outwards i can see its held on by 3 star screws on the inside. Do i remove these? and if so, HOW. Just dont want to bend the stock grill too far forward and break it.

cheers

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hello, I will try to assist you. After you take the 4 top screws(plugs) out there are 8 more phillips screws you have to remove. You'll have to pull the top away gently so you can squeeze your hand in behind there- it wont break if your careful. Someone on the forum used a ball to wedge in at the top of the grille to hold it open so you don't scratch the heck out of your arm! I suggest you use the ball! There are 4 screws across the bottom of the grille and 2 screws on each side of the grille. There is not much room to work back there so a stubby screwdriver would work best- or a small offset screwdriver. After you get all of the screws out there are 2 black clips, 1 on each side next to the top side screws. Just pry the clips away a little and the grille will pop right off.
Hope this helps you.
If anyone here would like to add their advice or technique that would probably help Koupdoggy more! It has been more than a year since I changed mine, but I went and looked at the old one hanging in my garage and counted the screws and saw the clips and as I remember...it was really pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah from what i hear it is like 5mins to take off bumper then you can access everything nice and easy without any trouble. I think that has been recommended before. Refer to BigE's remove bumper video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts