Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to purchase this kit, however, my brother will not agree to pay for it, if it does not have hi/low beam function. If there are any owners of this kit, please tell me whether or not it works. Also if not, where can i get a high/low beam, quality kit. Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Our cars are separate bulbs for high and low beams. Everyone just replaces the low beams with the hids. The DRLs in Canada are our high beam bulb at a lower light level. I heard a reason for not making high beams hid, is that it is harder on the lights when you want to flash someone.

·
Registered
430 Posts
HIDs take time to heat up. it take mine about 2-3 min to get the pure white I have... so it's kinda pointless to get the H1 high beams in HID's. I just installed Xenon H1 bulbs, straight plug and play. but still is not much off a difference because my HIDs are bright... I have the DDM 35w slim kit with 6K bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Funny, but PIAA H1 4500K bulbs cost more than my H11 5000K HID kit (even with shipping!) and look like urine by comparison. And not that "drunk off your ass clear pee" either.. this is the "had too many vitamins at breakfast yellow pee". Still a bit whiter than the stockers, but WOW just NO comparison at all when up against an HID.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just ordered the 35W 5000K Apex kit from DDM...not only because I am cheap, also because I am hoping the bigger ballast will be more durable. I also bought the harness because I am lazy. So, to recap, I am lazy, cheap, and hoping this kit rocks! We'll see how this works out!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I got the 35w 4500K HIDs from DDM... They look exactly like KIA Fourplay's pictures... I wouldn't put HIDs on my high beams, there's really no point to do it since the HIDs do a good job lighting the road.

ps: it takes about 20 seconds for my lamps to warm up

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I got the 35w 4500K HIDs from DDM... They look exactly like KIA Fourplay's pictures... I wouldn't put HIDs on my high beams, there's really no point to do it since the HIDs do a good job lighting the road.

ps: it takes about 20 seconds for my lamps to warm up
Not trying to hijack thread but curious if your having any issues with radio or phone, I heard somebody say something about igniton noise ??
I ask cause I also plan to do this mod very soon Thxs

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Not trying to hijack thread but curious if your having any issues with radio or phone, I heard somebody say something about igniton noise ??
I ask cause I also plan to do this mod very soon Thxs
I have ddm 35w 6000k and zero issues. I did use a harness

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
when yall say harness do yall mean so you don't have to cut any wires?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you have to cut a circular hole where the original lamp was plugged in to make room for the H11? Also thebeast can u upload a picture under your hood with a view of the lights please?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would like to purchase this kit, however, my brother will not agree to pay for it, if it does not have hi/low beam function. If there are any owners of this kit, please tell me whether or not it works. Also if not, where can i get a high/low beam, quality kit. Thanks so much
Why does your brother have to pay for it - can't you pay for it yourself?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why does your brother have to pay for it - can't you pay for it yourself?
Its not my credit card, and well he is being a gypsy so he wont let me buy something stupid. Forgot to mention im 17.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
and well he is being a gypsy
Haha, that's hillarious.

The website is ddmtuning.com and the prices are on there.

I had to drill a hole in my dust cap but it's not that big of a deal. Get a power drill and a dremel, boom done.

Question for anyone with a harness. I don't have a harness on mine and it takes a little time for them to warm up. With a harness is there no warm up time at all?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.