Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to posting please bare with me. I have a 2010 Forte SX Sedan and have a very annoying problem. There seems to be a lot of little vibration noises but the most annoying one is the headliner. Above the driver and passenger headrest is where the noises seem to come from. It is quite intermittent and is not speed dependent. Once it starts during a trip it really doesn't stop. It moves around from side to side (no sunroof btw) and the dealer couldn't help me so far. I took it in but the noise did not reveal itself at that time.

Does anyone have suggestions or are they experiencing this same problem?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I had the same sort of problem and it ended up being the mirror slide covers on the sun visors rattling around. It helped if I kept them opened, so the mirrors are exposed. It might help to give that a shot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. This is definitely headliner vibration. If I touch the liner above my head with the slightest pressure of 1 finger tip, then it stops until I let go. I will check out this TSB about sunroof noise. Also this is a sedan, not sure how it ended up in the Koup forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I went to the dealer again and they heard the noise and opened up the headliner and placed some insulation on the "ribbed" pieces. I didn't see it being done but it seems to have helped so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts