Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a bit of an issue, for the past three weeks my radio hasn't worked. It doesn't power on, the usb ports/car charger port aren't working. I replaced the fuze on the side panel (15A), and still nothing. I also removed the radio (unrelated but it was so hard, I need to get back into the gym). I took out the white wire and plugged it back in, and no change. The wire i pulled out is at 2:13 in the video, and on the radio end ( where the wire is going into) was brown, is that an issue?

What else should I do?

Here is the video

I can't link the video due to rules,

https:/ /youtu.be/ZkVx1cFhwOg

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sorry, link doesn't work. Have you checked that you have voltage to the radio? If not, and the fact that the usb and lighter don't work, I would look closer at fuses. Was the fuse you pulled blown? Did the replacement blow? We need more facts before we can help further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, link doesn't work. Have you checked that you have voltage to the radio? If not, and the fact that the usb and lighter don't work, I would look closer at fuses. Was the fuse you pulled blown? Did the replacement blow? We need more facts before we can help further.

How would I check the voltage? The fuze wasn't blown, but I still replaced it.

The title is
How to Kia Forte car Stereo radio cd Removal 2010 - 2013 replace repair

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You'll need a meter to test for voltage. They are not expensive and are even available at Walmart. So you pulled the connector for the emergency flasher (2:13 in the video). I'm not sure what you mean by the wire is brown. Has something been modified? Also, what white wire? The one for the antenna? I don't have the wiring diagram for the radio, but maybe someone else does. With the diagram, you can determine the power wire(s) and check them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts