Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some 4300K or 5000K HID's, I'm most likely going to order them from DDM because that's the cheapest I've found and a friend of mine has had HID's from them in his Pontiac G6 GTP for a few months and he claims they haven't given any problems.

My problem however, is that I don't know which type of bulb(i.e. H11, H13..etc) that I need to choose in order for them to fit properly without doing any modifications such as cutting or drilling.

thank you everyone!:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks guys! whats the difference between H11b's and H11's?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
In order to use the H11 you will just have to unscrew the terminal/plug inside the head lamp to mount. At least that's what I had to do. Three screws I think and haven't had any issues yet

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see but should I get the 55w or 35w and do I need the dual in dual out thing?

·
Registered
48 Posts
id stick with 35w but if you go with 55w you might wanna get a relay.
i cant remember which way it works at the moment but going with 55w will make the color look either 1000K higher or lower.
35w kits stay true to the temperature color

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a preference. I went 35w and couldn't be happier. Not sure what mean dual in / dual out?

If you mean a harness... I did. Some do. Some don't
Yeah it's for the harness, should i get one?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah Well I just ordered the 4300K 35w H11's with the harness. total with shipping was $50. Now it's just the waiting. I can't wait to get them installed :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks The67beast! :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I hope yall will be able to help guide me though some of the install when I get mine in the near future. I havent done anything like this before. And - why would it be better to get a harness? Cant you do the job without one?

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can install HID's without the harness, but in effect it saves you from the risk of frying your stock wiring because of the massive increase in power drawn through the wiring. Basically the harness bypasses the stock wiring and runs the power directly from the battery into your lights through wires that are made for more power.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah you're better off getting the harness. For one there's a built in fuse in line so you won't blow any bulbs/fry your wiring, and two it prevents any type of "flicker" happening from lack of power getting to the ballasts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts