Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what happened was when I went to test out some Audi LED lights in the stock connector I accidently crossed the wires. Now I have a issue with my lights on the right side of my car. With the parking lights on, my right corner light, right tail light and right license plate light are all off. When I hit the right turn signal the corner blinks as well as the tail light. The tail light also works with the brakes. Does anyone have any ideas whats the problem?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Fuse? have you checked all the fuses, (by all i mean high beams, low beams, tail lights, etc). can you give us more info on your situation. do the lights work with you low beams on, high beams?. is it only your headlights, or tails?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe I checked the fuses for those light but I may have missed one? It is weird tho, low and Hi beams work fine on both sides. Literally the right side of my car has the issue tho. I have switch backs for my turn signals and when I hit the right turn signal it blinks normally. It doesn't work now when it is just supposed to be on (white) as well as the right tail light which doesn't work (only when I brake it works). If it was really a fuse would that be a symptom? All other lights work normally as well as the left side of my car. Again this all happened when I crossed the wires on that LED strip while it was connected in the stock connector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the best way to describe it is that my parking lights on the right side of my car do not work, everything else does work.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I guess the best way to describe it is that my parking lights on the right side of my car do not work, everything else does work.
Try disconnecting the new lights and see what happens. Use a multimeter and check for voltage. Make sure you tied into the correct wires for the new lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you mean the audi style LEDs? I left those disconnected. I will see about picking up a multimeter tomorrow after work. The symptoms seem to point that the lights are not getting any power but I am confused as to why they blink when I use them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay well I ran out there an double checked all fuses, I found out there are separate fuses for the left and right parking lights. Of course the right one was burned out. This is a record for me, I managed to burn out 3 fuses today. I am usually really good about not blowing fuses lol. I stole the mirror control fuse for the time being. Now I have no horn and no mirror controls lol. I assume places like autozone has the fuses? I will stop there after work.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Okay well I ran out there an double checked all fuses, I found out there are separate fuses for the left and right parking lights. Of course the right one was burned out. This is a record for me, I managed to burn out 3 fuses today. I am usually really good about not blowing fuses lol. I stole the mirror control fuse for the time being. Now I have no horn and no mirror controls lol. I assume places like autozone has the fuses? I will stop there after work.
Good job...Autozone will have what you need. I always keep a few spares of all sizes in the glove box just in case. They are cheap but will help out in a bind.:cool:

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

Yep, I called it. autozone, advance autoparts, walmart all have fuses. So far, blew my high beam fuse twice, left low beam 2 times, right low beam once, right taillight once. i know keep a set of 10 amp fuses, and 20 amp (high beams, 10 work fine, but i think it might have cause one of the HID's to misfire, all is fine now with the factory 20 amp)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts