Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is the first car that i decide to attemt diy mods. Im struggling to figure out where each hose connects from the v3.3 can to the car. Im not to savy about part names, but could figure it out with the right images/video. Unfortunately, the YT vids I’ve watched are for the wrong model car or the wrong model can. Can anyone send a vid or pic instructions for where each hose from the can is supposed to connect on the engine? Sorry for being such a noob y’all!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Type in search bar. Oil catch cans, catch cans.

There's a few posts with pics.

Take before middle & after pics of your catch can install. Do close ups & wide shots. Portrait & landscape modes, flash on & flash off. Then choose the best of the camera roll to upload & post.

It helps the Forteforums community.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So it looks like the single port side goes to the intake, and the dual ports go to the pcv valve and somewhere else right? Does each off the dual ports go in a specific order? Kinda like left port to pcv and right port to somewhere specific? Or can the dual ports be reversed? And where does the 3rd connection go to besides the pcv valve and the intake?

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
So it looks like the single port side goes to the intake, and the dual ports go to the pcv valve and somewhere else right? Does each off the dual ports go in a specific order? Kinda like left port to pcv and right port to somewhere specific? Or can the dual ports be reversed? And where does the 3rd connection go to besides the pcv valve and the intake?
One goes to the intake (catch can vent), the other two goes between the intake manifold and the pcv valve on the valve cover. I just tee'd the valve cover vent to the catch can vent hose to keep it a closed system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! I got it done! Although i just need to add the zip ties. I did strip one of the allen screws on the can. I also slightly scratched the can since i had to unscrew the stripped bolt with pliers. But, the deed is done and we’re riding cleaner. Ill post the pics within 24 hrs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts