Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FUSION Electronics ? Car and Marine Audio

I just bought that subwoofer and was hoping someone could just give me a quick list of what exactly I will need to install it and a very brief how-to. I was thinking it would be easiest to use the rear speaker wire from the HU.

i know there is information scattered across the forums on this subject but i couldnt find anything concrete enough to help me buy the required parts and put it all together.

thank in advance, Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump? lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Amp install kit (power cable, rca, fuse..) - $30 to $120 depending on generic or brand and gauge size.

Simple line converter (high-low converter) - $30 at Kragen Auto

I would also suggest a small mountable level control/subwoofer volume knob - $35 at any auto or stereo store.

It may also be worth it to just have a professional stereo place install it for you. I got mine done for $60 at fry's electronics. Just make sure you check the google reviews of the place before you have someone start tearing your car apart.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh, that thing has speaker line inputs. I guess all you need is to run power back to it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmmm. interesting sub. but do what he said and have some else install it. (that is if you dont trust your self or do trust somebody ya dont know)

·
Registered
165 Posts
When i installed my Amp and subs I just had a professional install the Hi-Low Converter for me from directly behind my HU and then I did the rest. It was actually rather fun tearing the car apart a little bit haha.

Also, The best place to run the power cable through is right above the footrest on the drivers side. You'll see a bunch of cables running through a big rubber thingy... Take off the rubber thingy and run your cable through there. I'd just suggest buying some like, sillicone that plumbers use so you can fill that gap so no rain or anything leaks into your car from under the hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts