Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i have been driving for over 40 years and i'm prob twice the age of most of you . Very knowledgeable about cars and engines..But i still can't find the damn dip stick for the auto trans on the 2011 5 door 6 speed....:mad:
And it's not in the owners manual either..

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
It's real simple you look right between the...

That's because there isn't a tranny dipstick...LOL!!!

The only way to check the fluid level is by jacking the car up, and while the engine is running and tranny is in neutral and at operating temperature, you remove the fluid level plug and make sure the fluid is right up to the threads. You cannot turn off the engine until the plug is reinstalled or the fluid will come gushing out!

Best to let a technician do this.

Don't start a "dang Kia" comment for this....GM has trannies from 2000 models on that are like this...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmm..

I couldn't find it in the manual either. However it did say that a Kia service tech. should check the tranny fluid. This leads me to believe -and I'm pretty sure I've read it some where else, that these new trannys are a sealed type. It may require the removal of a bolt or opening a port/valve to check the fluid.

Mark

Ok i have been driving for over 40 years and i'm prob twice the age of most of you . Very knowledgeable about cars and engines..But i still can't find the damn dip stick for the auto trans on the 2011 5 door 6 speed....:mad:
And it's not in the owners manual either..

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
^^^from the Kia Global Tech website:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.