Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent all day stalking (K)illed (I)n (A)ction, and decided to put pictures of my car after washing it and waxing it.

PS: i was juts kidding about the stalking park, i spent all day washing it, tehn waxed it to perfection.

Mirror Shine

Waxed Headlights and tails

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
wow! im liking that black tinted head/taillights more and more. and your grill and hid's. nothing wrong with the stock wheels either, no matter what people say.
:)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow! im liking that black tinted head/taillights more and more. and your grill and hid's. nothing wrong with the stock wheels either, no matter what people say.
:)
Thanks alot, and finally someone that appreciates the stock wheels. My roommates have been trying to convince me to take off the inserts for over a month, i'm still debating on it :(

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
yea man, i thought about removing mine. but it's hard work and it looks kinda plain with the all black look. would be nice to buy aftermarket wheels but hey..im going to save my money and keep this street racer look stock wheels. and have people break their necks checking out my stock SX.

Thanks alot, and finally someone that appreciates the stock wheels. My roommates have been trying to convince me to take off the inserts for over a month, i'm still debating on it :(

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't lie, you spent all day hiding in the bushes across the street from my house! lol looking good, what kind of wax you use?
I used my all time Favorite " Meguiers NXT tech wax" Amazon Linky

I've tried alot of other waxes, and this is still the best, and it lasts for so longggggggggg.

and how did you see me in the bushes? I had my ghillie suit on :(
(i guess i'll claim a warranty on its camo features )

And i know its not pictured here, But i waxed the insides of the doors, rocker panels, gas tank thing (inside the cap), inside the trunk, and every single nook you usually don't look at

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
and for those intrested in the products i use:

First i spray it off with a power wash. (light power)

Second, i hand wash it with Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax. Amazon Linky

I use an open pore sponge (way better that those microfiber ones)

Use purple Power on the tires

Rinse the car off

Then I dry the car with Microfiber towels.

Shine the tires with Meguiar's Endurance Tire shine (best from experience). Amazon Linky

Then wax with Meguiiar's NXT Tech 2.0 Liquid Wax . amazon Linky Using a microfiber applicator.

Then wipe the wax off with a microfiber towel.

Then hand clean the rims with a microfiber towel and Rain-x. (keeps them clean and keeps the dust off without destroying the paint)

Then clean the windows with invisible glass. (you can do this before waxing, doesn't really matter, just watch out for over spray)Amazon Linky

Then go over all the plastic parts with armor All cleaning wipes, to remove all the wax residue. amazon Linky

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
You missed a spot ! :p

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Rite there... No rite there... A little to the left...no my left....,the other left .... Yes almost...not there lol

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AND GUYS, THE CREASE IS NOT THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. it was 50 degrees today.

check the mirror shine picture, NO CREASE :D

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
AND GUYS, THE CREASE IS NOT THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. it was 50 degrees today.

check the mirror shine picture, NO CREASE :D

It was 85 here today and I noticed that dimple (crease) starting on the drivers rear quarter while looking through the rear view mirror; 11,167 miles today.

My plan is to wait 3-4 years for all the body changes to settle then go back with bondo and a custom repaint.

2,213 Posts
oh yea, i was gonan mention, i had no crease today, or yesterday, probably tomorrow when the weather drops tho. but when the weather gets nicer you wont be hearing me complain about a crease.....motorcycle season starts!!! yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Two of my friends just got bikes,

one got a Yamaha R6 (he's the one that own that dirt bike)
and the other got a GSX-R 600

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.