Kia Forte Forum banner

Hey All! New Kia Forte Owner

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Koup SXR 
#1 ·
Hey All,

So, while just *looking* on Saturday, we ended up driving out of the lot in a new White 4 Door Ex! Ended up with one very sweet lease deal.

Looked at everything from Civic's to Jetta's, the refined ride by the Kia was the major selling point, in my opinion it was superior to the others, not to mention the space and all the toys. It replaces a VW 06 2.0 Turbo GTI which really was such a let down in the years we owned it (22k on the it bent a few valves, not to mention a complete new AC system at 15k and a bunch of other problems).

Anyway....Hi!

#4 ·
@awcga - My first few thousand miles with the GTI were amazing, but things went quickly downhill. VW has premium running costs and there service was poor to say the least (we worked with three dealers, all very poor). After the carbon build up on the 2.0T motor, I just lost all confidence in the brand. Kia are in a great position to revive the 1983 GTI experience, a nice Turbo motor and sub $20k cost would be a winning combination!

@MFury - Thanks. Yes, most don't even know what it is, but so far in the day or so we have had it, its created a lot of interest!

#5 ·
Welcome and congrats on your new ride.

It sure is cool to drive a car that, IMO is totally unique and super fun to drive.

#12 ·
Welcome and congratulations on your unexpected acquisition. I'm sure if you're at all a "car guy" you'll be very happy with your new wheels.

I've had my sedan over 6 months now and even today I found myself stopping and staring out the window at it, sitting pretty in the sun.

#16 ·
congratulations and welcome!
I have to say you made a great color choice....I think :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.