Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
pleased to say I am the proud new owner of a 2011 koup sx. Just got home from the local dealer ( Ontario, Canada) and decided that this was the car for me.

I was not in the market to buy a car based on performance, but was looking for a practical vehicle to get from A-B... and wasnt even banking on this little rocket to be a performer at all. I ride sportbikes, and have been completely de-sensitized to ANY car ever feeling fast.... I wasnt even really planning on buying a vehicle today but as soon as I took it for a test drive I was incredibly impressed! Nothing like the Kias that I have ever sat in!

Even though the drive was extremely short, I got the impression that It felt really "put-together". Steering was very responsive, and it wasnt really lacking in the acceleration department either! The price was just too good to pass up, I got it for 29,699 (taxes incl. CANADIAN)

I got the automatic (tiptronic) and its kind of a weird orange colour....
The car will be in my garage on wednesday night, and Im pretty stoked to get some aftermarket goodies on her...(even though i wasnt set on performance I am a complete aftermarket junky)

looking forward to the advice that this site has to offer! Nothing worse than buying a new vehicle where NO aftermarket parts exist!
happy new year guys.:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome and congrats on ur new ride!

The koup is the best bang for the buck by far! There are quite a few mods out now...but Im sure there will be much more coming soon as well!

If you are in T.O. or surrounding, hopefully we shall see u sometime soon!

Once again Congrats!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Happy new year to you too and welcome to the community!

There are plenty of mods available that you can add onto your new ride. We're your local support group...LOL

Hope to see you at a meet this year!

Safe driving.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

You might want to check out these:
Kia Forte Koup Forums - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan and Forte Koup Forums
I recommend:
TurboKits.com - 2010+ Kia Forte KOUP Turbo Kits
HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning (get the H1 Bulb)
and last but not least...
The owners manual. You'll find out alot of neat stuff on your Koup.
Also, a little tip... because I found out on my own... On the lower driver side of the dash there is a round button that turns on your red LED lights for your speakers... That thing flips down. lol Yea I know, duh... but the dealer didn't even show me that thing, I found it on my own. Also, your speakers are equipped with something called P.Bass, turn that baby to high, and then turn your actual bass equalizer down to 0 or -# and you'll get some clean, crisp Bass.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
On the lower driver side of the dash there is a round button that turns on your red LED lights for your speakers... That thing flips down. lol Yea I know, duh... but the dealer didn't even show me that thing, I found it on my own.
The fact that his car is Canadian negates this point. We do not get the interior lighting package on our cars.

·
Registered
201 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new wheels... don't forget to post pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts