Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
whoops- hit enter too soon........
but really- i am confused-
a 1.6L engine?
is that really what you have there in egypt?

·
Registered
34 Posts
yea wow. would that be the same one as in the Rio? i don't think that would be very fun. Might as well get a Rio cuz it's lighter lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do not need an engine with (( 2.0L or 2.4L )) what am gonna do with it i just need a car not for racing but to do its job take me to THE PLACE nothing else , but am an engineer in GUC (( German university in Cairo )) and what i have learned is engineer do unique things so do not even judge ;)

this koup is unique my horse power is (( 215 )) and (( 0 - 120 km/h in 5 seconds ))
why ????

gonna tell u with the photos :D:D

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Quiete a contradictory post, so you don't need a 2.0L or a 2.4L because you're not gonna race, but then again, You boost your Horsepower to 210 and drop acceleration time in half (about) 5.0. Definitely not racing :rolleyes:

Oh, and i can't wait for the Picture, if that happened to a 1.6, we can probably boost our 2.4 s to 250HP at least

·
Registered
34 Posts
first when you found a car with 1.6 , 2.0 and 2.4 without any thinking you will choose 2.4 or may be 2.0 not gonna look at 1.6 even if 100 $ lol
second are joking or what not racing car but takes 5 seconds 0-120 km/h OMG wow
my koup with engine 2.4 and takes 6.68 seconds to get that (( my GPS told me :D ))
finally what did u do that gonna make it unique and i agree with noodile not racing
waiting for ur pics hahahahahaaaa by the way nice quote noodile

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Thanks Ash, and i never new that the 2.4 can do it in 6.68, thanks for the info, i dunno why kia (as well as most brands) doesn't put that info in their specs.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Whats the difference between bhp and whp? and when people refer to Horsepower which are they referring to? or is it a combination of the two?

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Whats the difference between bhp and whp? and when people refer to Horsepower which are they referring to? or is it a combination of the two?
BHP is Brake Horsepower. Some people will call it Base Horsepower but originally it is Brake Horsepower. It's the measure of engine horsepower at the crankshaft without the loss of power caused by the drivetrain (this is the number car manufacturers will use to use the highest number as possible).

Once you add in the losses from the drivetrain, that is the power you're getting at the wheels, which is Wheel Horsepower or WHP.

Real tuners are gonna use WHP numbers for bragging rights. But you're gonna pretty much have to ask unless they specify as of which numbers they're talking about.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I got you, and we do have 1.6 L in egypt. 124 BHP :(. As long as an engine is 1.6L or less then import taxes aren't much, but once you go over 2.0 you start suffering. After all taxes (government / import/ etc. ) you could end up paying up to 300% of the cars value in taxes :(. That's how it is in egypt

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I got you, and we do have 1.6 L in egypt. 124 BHP :(. As long as an engine is 1.6L or less then import taxes aren't much, but once you go over 2.0 you start suffering. After all taxes (government / import/ etc. ) you could end up paying up to 300% of the cars value in taxes :(. That's how it is in egypt
lol- noodile--
1) the first mention of the 1.6 engine- was by me- when i asked if you really had a 1.6 engine in egypt.

2)sglucas pointed out- the video was from egypt- it was from singapore

3)i pointed out to sglucas that i was refering to your signature- not the video.

so just curious how restrictive the motor laws are there over in egypt---
ok- you have to keep your engine sizes small for import- but once you get them- are you allowed to boost them no matter what? nitros/turbo/supercharger?

((and this is another example of why i think we should have manditory "country" listings for registration- not cuz we hate other countries- but it makes it so much easier to figure out where that car is coming from :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts