Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Really cool forums here.

I'm turning 20 on Wednesday, and for my birthday my grandparents really surprised me with a bit of money for a new car. Currently I drive a 1999 Mercury Sable. Don't laugh, it's faster than it looks. ;)

I'll be getting a 2010 Kia Forte SX Sedan with 6 speed manual. I like having back seats, and need a little extra space.

This being my first new, and "cool" car, I really want to get into tuning/modding it. I've got a friend who's going to school for auto mechanics stuff who wants to help.

I'll be seeing ya 'round the forums!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I also say get a Koup, if your young and still want a back seat..
the koup is the way to go.

anyway congrats on whatever car you decide on and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I agree as well..get the koup...your 20 and the koup is so much nicer IMO..there's still plenty of room in the backseat but u get the sportier look and 2 less doors so go with what u want but the koup is the way to go!! Good luck and welcome!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I bought a Kia Forte SX Auto in the end... My grandfather funded the car, and he wanted me to get an auto... So... Who can argue?!

Still a great car though! A lot of fun to drive.

I got it for 16,500. Does that sound like a decent price?

·
Registered
7 Posts
welcome king! i'm in the same boat as you only a few months behind. i turn 21 in a few weeks and im looknig to buy an sx koup manual by thanksgiving time. (and i currently drive a '97 oldsmobile. and you CAN laugh because its NOT faster than you think) i'm pretty excited too. keep me posted on your progress!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts