Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
813 Posts
Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

I’m currently in the process of repainting the engine cover which is why it’s off. Also ignore the dirt and oil stain on top from when I changed the oil and a gust of wind blew it all over the engine bay lol

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Man, that's a clean engine. I like it. It reminds me of how I used to spend hours on my cars when I was a young man. Nowadays, my care gets a wipe down about once a year, if I feel like it!
Same here. I haven't washed or detailed like I used too (3hrs+). Whenever I do, never fails. Damn rain always happens. So it's been almost a yr of no washing & detaling.

I do keep the interior of my 3 vehicles detailed & 100% clean.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
776 Posts
View attachment 87167
I’m currently in the process of repainting the engine cover which is why it’s off. Also ignore the dirt and oil stain on top from when I changed the oil and a gust of wind blew it all over the engine bay lol
That's exactly why I don't change my oil on windy days. I don't like the oil stains on my concrete driveway either!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
813 Posts
That's exactly why I don't change my oil on windy days. I don't like the oil stains on my concrete driveway either!
Agreed. It was perfectly calm right up until I started pouring oil in. Then boom! Big gust out of nowhere. Figures.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
104 Posts
Thanks: I have done quite a bit of vinyl myself but I’m not sure it would handle the temps under the hood.
That's a great point, I could probably just do paint for ease as well. Was thinking of doing the "-" left of the oil cap and the "TURBO" red, just for that little touch!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts