Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm a proud new KIA Koup owner from Melbourne, Australia. I picked up my white 2010 Koup on the weekend and it's great. There are a few differences between the Aussie delivered Koup's and the US ones.....

For a start, the Forte is called a Cerato over here. So the badge on the back of my car says Cerato Koup. And the Koup only comes in one spec level which is the equivalent of the top of the range Cerato/Forte sedan. However I've noticed in a lot of the pictures of the US Forte's you guys have sunroofs, which ours don't have:( Are they factory fitted?

We also don't have a choice of engines or the 6 speed gearbox, with all Aussie Koup's coming with the 2 litre motor and 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto. I went for the manual in mine. The RRP for a Koup over here is $25990AUD drive away. For the money there is nothing else that you can buy new that compares in terms of features.

Previously I owned a 2002 Holden Statesman which is a long wheelbase luxury car powered by the same 5.7 litre Gen III V8 motor found in the Corvette and Camaro. Travelling a 100km a day round trip to work in that thing was costing me a fortune in fuel! Fuel economy was high on my list when searching for a new car and the 2 litre Koup motor suits me fine :)

I'm an auto electrician/car audio installer by trade so it will probably see a bit of an audio upgrade in the future....however I will retain the factory headunit. I'm also thinking of upgrading the wheels. I have dark grey 16" alloys on mine, the 17" black and silver ones were apparantly from an earlier shipment and they ran out of those rims. I'll probably go with 18's as I've found with previous car's if you go too big you get too many problems with tyres rubbing guards, rough ride etc.

Anyway I think I've written enough for now so I'll put up some pics when I get around to it:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome to this site...look forward to pictures of your Koup.

USA Koup SXs with the 2.4L come with the factory installed sunroof...only way they are sold here. I wanted one without the sunroof...go figure...LoL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am also from Australia and new to the forum.

I am currently waiting for my silver cerato/forte I could only afford the base model but it still has some great features compared to other new cars I have looked at. I am getting the 5 speed manual, which I am now a little concerned about, as so many people have said it's hard to get use to changing the gears.

As soon as I get my car it's going to get the windows tinted, and I hope to also get a spoiler for it.

Will post some pics when I get it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
welcome to the Nation guys!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

I am currently waiting for my silver cerato/forte I could only afford the base model but it still has some great features compared to other new cars I have looked at. I am getting the 5 speed manual, which I am now a little concerned about, as so many people have said it's hard to get use to changing the gears.

As soon as I get my car it's going to get the windows tinted, and I hope to also get a spoiler for it.

Will post some pics when I get it.
Welcome too! If you are getting the Forte sedan, Kia makes a spoiler for it -- they haven't started selling a spoiler for the Koup just yet...but it looks like the Koup SX-R spoiler is going to be it...

·
Registered
576 Posts

I am getting the 5 speed manual, which I am now a little concerned about, as so many people have said it's hard to get use to changing the gears.

Welcome I traded a 2008 Civic in for my black Kia Cerato/Forte I have not regreted it for one minute. The build quality is far better on the Kia and I love the gear box it's so smooth. The clutch takes a bit to get use to but if you search the threads and do the clutch modification like i did you will find it feels much better.
I bought the base model but it was optioned up with mag wheels and tinted windows, when I saw it in the showroom I had to have . :D

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Welcome!
Your Holden must have been a real hoot!
You'll find that the Koup will be fun too even though it has much less hp than your previous bad boy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts