Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just stumble upon this site and noticed there is great amount of topics and images on the various FORTEs...I Like....:)

BTW, just like I described on the title...I'm from Malaysia and I'm not sure if there is any members here from Malaysia or am I the 1st...

KIA Fortes are relatively new in Malaysian market and as such there isn't that many FORTEs here, though I hv noticed a significant increase in the past 3 months. It was launch just before Christmas in '09 and I got mine in April this year. There are a couple of active FORTE clubs in Malaysia but are also new and growing (not as much topic you can find here).

In terms of the FORTE variants made available here are also pretty limited. We only have the Sedans with 1.6 EX and SX variant while the 2.0 comes in a single SX variant and they're all Auto transmission. We do not hv the 5-doors and Koup here (at least for time being). Gosh! I wished they had the 2.4 here in Malaysia...

Since I got my babe, I've enjoyed every moment with her, whether I'm drivin or just gazin' at her...:D The thing that got me hooked initially was of course the look and engine start button with keyless module...no other makes of car in Malaysia offer this feature within the same price range.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice car welcome to kia nation!!
I like the light's more so the high beams with the fog lights, that is cool i wish mine would do this!!!

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I really like the lip kit on your car.

That's too bad you don't have very many options for your Fortes. No Koups is surprising. You guys get the white reflectors in the headlights that I love. You probably also have climate control.

It seems like no matter where you are the Fortes in other countries have enviable features.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum! I really like the lip kit on your car.

That's too bad you don't have very many options for your Fortes. No Koups is surprising. You guys get the white reflectors in the headlights that I love. You probably also have climate control.

It seems like no matter where you are the Fortes in other countries have enviable features.
Yeah we do have the Climate control for the SX variants only..but we dont have bluetooth function. There are also some limited editions of Forte Sedans with sun roof here recently...

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Welcome to the site lolipoppz. I like reading about same car models in other countries. Your English is explicable. Tell us more about your background.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the site lolipoppz. I like reading about same car models in other countries. Your English is explicable. Tell us more about your background.
Well, to begin with, Im a Malaysian born but of mix parentage (half Chinese and half Indian) and it pretty common now in Malaysia to find people of mix parentage due to the multi-cultured populations living harmoniously here. I'm currently attached to a local(M'sian) Property Developer. Need to travel a lot (but locally), hence the need for a car.

I was at first looking at the Toyota Vios. The Jap makes are rather popular here in Malaysia compared to the Korean mades... Just when I was about to book the Vios back in Dec 09, a friend of mine poked me to check out the new launch by KIA (Forte)...and so I did although I was hesitant at first. To cut the long story short...It was love at 1st sight...:) :)...love her ever since....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Apa Kabar? That is my lame attempt at Malay! hahaha!

Welcome aboard.
I must say that the pics are awesome! The bridge wires have a great effect on your sweet ride.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well, to begin with, Im a Malaysian born but of mix parentage (half Chinese and half Indian) and it pretty common now in Malaysia to find people of mix parentage due to the multi-cultured populations living harmoniously here. I'm currently attached to a local(M'sian) Property Developer. Need to travel a lot (but locally), hence the need for a car.

I was at first looking at the Toyota Vios. The Jap makes are rather popular here in Malaysia compared to the Korean mades... Just when I was about to book the Vios back in Dec 09, a friend of mine poked me to check out the new launch by KIA (Forte)...and so I did although I was hesitant at first. To cut the long story short...It was love at 1st sight...:) :)...love her ever since....
OMG! Me toooo!!!! :D Apa Khabar? My parents love to speak Malay at home. I've picked up a few words here and there.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thanks bro...its taken in Putrajaya, the capital administration centre of M'sia.
that bridge was on the top 10 worlds bridges on the travel channel a few weeks ago due to the construction of it lol it was pretty insane lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.