Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed HID's in my high and low beams but I can't get them aligned. The highs point at the tree tops and the lows are perfect. If I get the highs good, the lows are pointing 3 feet in front of the car. So frustrating! Any of you guys had this problem? Any ideas of how to fix it? I tried shimming the highs in the housing itself but still no luck.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
arent the high beams supposed to be high when your lows are good? thats why theyre high beams... thats how mine have always been

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why would you put highbeam HID's in? That's the first thing, second, did you try adjusting the headlight level screw behind the low beams? Have to ask the obvious first.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
arent the high beams supposed to be high when your lows are good? thats why theyre high beams... thats how mine have always been
Yes they are but these are so high that they're absolutely useless. I can hardly tell they're on.

Why would you put highbeam HID's in? That's the first thing, second, did you try adjusting the headlight level screw behind the low beams? Have to ask the obvious first.
I have messed around with the screws but can't get it. When the high beams are aimed, they're 10x brighter than the $70 halogens I had before. The HID highs were so worth it IMO.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Just a quick FYI, if you're LOWs are 35W, and Highs are 35W, you won't notice any further throw of lights. (light throw is barely noticable if any).

I have 55W Highs, now those make a huge difference when you're on back roads or basically anytime they're fully heated up.

35w+35w= worthless. 35W+55W= Good, but not worth the money after a while.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
wow... you guys are serious about lighting... I would think a set of HIDs on the lows and maybe the fogs would be enough.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
^^^^^that combination is more light than the high beams on. LOL

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
^^^^ Beg to differ, 55W highbeams definitely give off more lighting than 35W fogs, you just need to wait a minute for it :(.

and fogs are aimed down, Highs are aimed all over

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Here are the Pictures to Prove it.

These are 55W highbeams + 35W Low beams

and here are Low Beams 35W, and 35W Foggies

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Reach out and touch someone as at&t used to say...
going to have to get these soon I think, like how much farther down the road you can see;)

noodile those are just Hid Bulbs with no projecters?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts