Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Nothing against Notto, but go with Diode Dynamics or DDM Tuning and get a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
and never buy anything from carid.com. EVER!!! a number of members have had complaints about them, so dont waste your time or money. as arinesmith said. either go with diode dynamics or ddm tuning. both are great brands.

·
Registered
524 Posts
and never buy anything from carid.com. EVER!!! a number of members have had complaints about them, so dont waste your time or money. as arinesmith said. either go with diode dynamics or ddm tuning. both are great brands.
Yep i ordered taillight covers for my buddy 3 weeks ago, just got it today. and the customer service dept is disgusting. Diode Dynamics is definately the way to go. just bought a pair myself tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Another HID question..... SMH

It's just their second post. . .And besides. . .At least it wasn't an install question. . . . .I have a hunch they used the search button. ..:rolleyes:

But TBH I had the same thought. . ."Another HID question". . .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ban

you know what... i think i should just leave the forum and sell my koup.

the reason for the question is because I searched the forum and have not seen anybody mention this brand. if you were living in a country where you had to pay customs duty of 45% on almost everything wouldn't you want to get as much info as possible? which company will be selling the quad projector in September?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you're doing it personally, I'd go with The Retrofit source. they have the best prices, INCREDIBLe customer service, and they love international customers. if you never retrofitted before and wanna get the easiest one, get Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

if you live in the USA, the only decent thing about Lightwerkz is that they retrofit the headlights for you.
I notice that alot of people are only retrofitting on set of lights. I would to do all four. On the TRS site I like the FX-R stage 3 kit can I use this same one for the quad retrofit or do I have to use the morimoto mini?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I notice that alot of people are only retrofitting on set of lights. I would to do all four. On the TRS site I like the FX-R stage 3 kit can I use this same one for the quad retrofit or do I have to use the morimoto mini?
its gonna be like rocket science or brain surgery if you haven't done it before. take it from someone who helped friends retro fit. FX-R are a bitch for beginners. you need to cut up alot of the reflector to fit it in. if you want easier, go with MIni. if you're going with the FX-R, then i advise that you get an extra headlight to experiment with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its gonna be like rocket science or brain surgery if you haven't done it before. take it from someone who helped friends retro fit. FX-R are a bitch for beginners. you need to cut up alot of the reflector to fit it in. if you want easier, go with MIni. if you're going with the FX-R, then i advise that you get an extra headlight to experiment with.
I actually planned on letting one of my mechanics do the work on the retrofit, it should be workable for a seasoned mechanic I imagine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
HEY IM LOOKING TO GET SOME ddm TUNING HID'S. IM CURIOUS ON WHAT SIZE BULBS ARE ON OUR KIA. IVE 9006 AND H11'S. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SO I DONT ORDER THE WRONG ONE.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My Diode Dynamics HIDs are holding up well so far. Got them very cheap on Black Friday and installed recently.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts