Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! First post here, but I've been following the forums for a week or so. Anyways I traded in my 2008 Kia Optima for a black on black Forte Koup SX. I'm super excited to get going on the mods for sure. The first thing I'm doing is putting in a set of HID's, as I had them on my Optima and now I can't live without them.

I've noticed that everyone (for the most part) uses the H11 kit from DDM. I know the H11 will fit, but they don't fit OEM, as far as my experience. About a year ago I found a website www.HIDGuy.net - Xentec Slim HID kits and AutoVizion Slim HID Kits ; Lifetime Warranty Digital Xentec and AutoVizion Slim Ballast HID kits, HID Bulbs, HID ballasts, H1, H3, H4 ( 9003 ), H4H, H6, H6M, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H11B, H13 ( 9008 ), 5202 hid, that has an actual H11B HID kit. Very good customer service, and I think good prices for getting the right stuff. They mainly work with making mustang stuff, but the H11B bulb fits like it's OEM. I should be getting my kit this weekend, but I wanted to pass along this information to whomever deems it useful!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dangit! Sorry guys I posted this in the wrong thread :(..newbie error. Can I get a moderator move this to the "apperance" thread?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@Paul: Do you have 55w versions possible with 5k bulbs?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thaks for the info. Will you offer a 5K bulb.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ordered an H11b kit from Diode Dynamics about a month ago, they said it was on backorder so I waited. I called them last week and they said it would arrive on Friday and ship out Monday for same day delivery. Well it didn't arrive, I called them again and they said it would ship Tuesday, again it didn't arrive. Now it's wednesday and it's still not here...

Just a heads up for anyone who was thinking of Diode Dynamics.

·
Registered
430 Posts
the pics go from- just turned on- to nice and hot. I got the DDM 35w slim kit with 6k H11 bulbs. Looks great. they are night and day compared to stock. not too bad for only $42.50 usd.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
so the H11B kit is different from the h11 kit. cuz the h11 kit has a different base than our stock h11b bulbs. does your h11b bulb have the same base as our halogens. id like to have one thats not modded in my car and that fits perfectly

·
Automotive Lighting Experts
909 Posts
There's no such thing as a "true" H11b kit. The "b" denotes the rotational plugs used to plug in the halogen bulb. For HID, all you need is the correct base. Some H11 kits sold have a bigger version of the base, a thicker base, and so will not fit in the h11b base, which has a newer type of thinner base. Ours fit without any modification.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Paul, I'm terrible with any auto electric and was waiting for an HID kit that fit in the koup. All I have to do is literally take out the stock bulb and put the HID in? What are those wires at the end of the video? How much for the 6000? Any difference in price from the 4300?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Paul, I'm terrible with any auto electric and was waiting for an HID kit that fit in the koup. All I have to do is literally take out the stock bulb and put the HID in? What are those wires at the end of the video? How much for the 6000? Any difference in price from the 4300?
You have to remove the headlight housings and mount the ballasts too, but it shouldn't take you longer than an hour.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what a ballast is if someone would clarify that for me cuz once again I'm terrible with electrical stuff

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ok so what exactly do I have to do with the ballast? Any wire cutting or anything like that? It's not just plug and play?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
No it's very simple. I never installed HIDS and I was able to do mine in about 2 hours and like you. I'm horrible with electrically. There are a few DIY threads here. I would suggest searching here as well as google for HID DIY to get an idea what's involved.

Honestly it's much easier than you would think

1 - 20 of 41 Posts