Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks beast but 2 hours?!?!?! For a plug and play type of lighting, 2 hours doesn't rly seem that easy lol all I wanta do is take my stock headlights out and put HIDs in and have it that easy. Nothing like that?

· Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I used a kit from DDM and that required a tad bit of modding and again this is the first time I ever did a HID mod.

With HIDs your going to need to, remove your headlight assemblies, mount the ballasts, run wires from the battery, drill holes in your headlight caps, etc

Again it seems a lot worse than it is.

Once you do it it's great!

And it's worth the effort. You hve anyone near you that can help. If I was a tad closer to you if be
More than happy to help

If you wanna drive out to northeast pa I'll be more than happy to assist.

I'm sure you could do it on your own.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Beast I appreciate it. But the kit you went with was an H11 kit right? Cuz the one I'm looking at is an H11B kit that says it's just plug and play. I'm just confused on the ballast. Not sure what that is or how to install it. Idk if I'm okay with drilling anything in my car.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks ryude that would be great. I'm looking to buy soon so as soon as u get them and install them if u could tell me exactly what u did, it would be much appreciated :)

· Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Yes mine was a h11 but the only mod I had to do is unscrew a few screws etc. The difference between the ddm and the one in this thread IMO is barely a difference and it comes down to cost / comfort level with the company/seller etc.

Basically the set up is as follows:

The harness attaches from the battery to the ballasts, your ballasts get plugged into the bulbs.

With HIDs your going to put drill holes in the caps or choose to leave them off which I don't recommend since dust, dirt, water can get in then etc. HID
Bulbs have wires directly attached to the bulbs so you have to be able to run them into the headlight assemblies some how.

Again, it's honestly easier than it sounds.

Check this out. The difference with this DIY is that you will not need to unscrew the screws inside the headlight housing but the process is virtually the same.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/457-hid-install-w-pics.html

· Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The Diode Dynamics kit should in theory be much easier, as well as plug and play. I'll let you know how mine is when it arrives next week.
See my post above. The difference between the diode dynamics kit and DDM is minor. If you check out the walk through link I posted the only difference is you do not need to unscrew the terminal/connectors in the headlight housing.

Even in pauls post he states there are no "true" h11b kits etc.

I'm not saying his kit isn't a good choice or product etc as I'm not familiar with them first hand.

Just want you to realize that it's just not putting 2 bulbs in and screwing them in and that's it. Maybe it will help if Paul can link in this instructions so You can see them prior.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I emailed him just that beast. I asked to see the instructions as if I bought them and if it seems doable for me to do myself then I'll buy them. No reply yet from Paul.

· Premium Member
920 Posts
Shaks I'm not going to be able to reply to your email right away as I am currently on a little trip. But you can expect a reply by tomorrow!

The difference between DDM and us is that I'm right here when you need me, and our warranty actually means something.

· Premium Member
1,533 Posts
The difference between DDM and us is that I'm right here when you need me, and our warranty actually means something.
Wow no offense but I find it extremely tacky when one, company regardless if they are a sponsor here or not, bashes /degrades another for the sake of business. There are quite a few people here who had no issues when they had problems with ddm and they replaced everything as stated / expected.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
Does anyone know if the installation of HIDs would be different becuz of the audi headlight mod that was tapped into the parking lights? I dont know much about this stuff so I would hope not but i really dont know if it would change anything in installing them.

· Registered
144 Posts
Paul, does your kit require the drilling of the stock assembly or is it entirely plug and play? I don't really want to drill a hole in my brand new headlights.
I am going to say yes, in the video he posted you can see the rubber grommet around the wires at 47-48s. You are drilling in the removable plastic cap, not the headlight.

I think I am going to go with this kit, just waiting to see some member feedback.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.