Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 35W 4500K HID's as my low beams on my koup. I want to have HID as hi beams as well but was wondering how to do it? do I need to install a whole different HID kit w/ ballasts an all, or do you connect the bulbs somehow to the current ballast?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
oooh lol my very bad cool thxs :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
YEp, they are H1, i have a DDM tuning 55W 5000K for my High beams, install was easy, if you want, tommorow i can post a picture of the connection (it was a pain in the ass to figure out, had to use a multimeter, and blew couple of fuses), so i can take a picture of the connection for you.

I went with 55W High beams, and it kinda pisses me off that they take like 60-90 seconds to reach full brightness, I fully reccomend the harness (only if you're going with 55W, i had them with the harness, then i removed it, and now, sometimes one of them doesn't turn on, and i need to turn them on and off to get it to work, so i put the harness back on)

·
Registered
769 Posts
HIDs for hi beams are pretty much pointless since they take a while to warm up

·
Registered
708 Posts
this.. you will burn out the ballasts and bulbs quicker as well due to the ecess stress on them.. i would honestly not recommend it

·
Registered
122 Posts
you could retrofit bi-xenons and then you wouldnt need a second HID kit!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I definitely second this even though i have them for highs. when i have to flash someone, i just flicker my fogs or my low beams, it works, but its not optimum. I only got 55W HID cause on the back roads in the mountains, we get a lot of deer, and the 55W help put up a little more light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts