Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 40 of 143 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
After the bulb is installed it looks like there are 3 wires coming out. The larger connector appears to go into the ballast but I don't see where the other 2 wires go. It may make more sense to me if I had a kit to look at. It might be shown in the missing picture from post #4. Also where does the ballast get the power from? In the picture on post #3 there is a cable that appears to have a barrel connector that looks like a coaxial cable where does it go if I am seeing that correctly?

· Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
After the bulb is installed it looks like there are 3 wires coming out. The larger connector appears to go into the ballast but I don't see where the other 2 wires go. It may make more sense to me if I had a kit to look at. It might be shown in the missing picture from post #4. Also where does the ballast get the power from? In the picture on post #3 there is a cable that appears to have a barrel connector that looks like a coaxial cable where does it go if I am seeing that correctly?

wow wow wow, you lost me. Here's the deal, for the DDM kit (i dunno about DD) you get 3 wires out the bulb. you get 2 clips that look like the "coaxial" like you said. One is male, and one is female, both plug in straight to the ballast. the third connector looks like a bulb connector. its wide and short, and it plugs in straight to the ballast. once you have the kit it all makes sense, pretty fool-proof.

the ballast gets it power from the bulb (one of big one of the three connectors). they get the power from the stock wiring unless you buy a relay harness.

· Registered
117 Posts
running day light blinking!

somebody know how fix the problem of blinking of the running day light?

· Registered
585 Posts
Does it affect my warranty?

If for some reason you fry your electrics, KIA has to prove 100% without doubt it was caused by the HID kit. otherwise they have to fix it under warranty. To avoid this possible issue you should buy the wiring harness.

QUOTE]

Reality check: Kia is NOT going to waste their time, money and effort to prove 100% anything; why should they? Like the IRS, they will leave the burden of proof upon you. I have said this before time and time again; it is difficult enough to get legitimate claims covered under warranty, aftermarket mods makes it ever harder.

· Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Reality check: Kia is NOT going to waste their time, money and effort to prove 100% anything; why should they? Like the IRS, they will leave the burden of proof upon you. I have said this before time and time again; it is difficult enough to get legitimate claims covered under warranty, aftermarket mods makes it ever harder.
First off,

Chill the Eff out

Second,

FTC Validates Right to Install Aftermarket Parts | Specialty Equipment Market Association

We've been over it and over it sooooo many times, under the magnuson-moss act they cannot void your warranty.

Third,

After asking my dealership, they WILL NOT void the warranty because of HIDS, infact i blew a couple of fuses when i was installing my HIDs, and they covered the labor (1 hour) and fuses under the warranty knowing that the HIDs caused it.

Fourth,

why do you always have to be the downer in every thread? Why do you have to bash every thread?

· Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
In case people don't get it still, if you wan HIDs, here's what you need to order:

For Low Beams: H11 35W HID Kit (color of your choice)

For Fog Lights: 880 or 881 35W HID Kit (color of your choice)

Don't get High Beams, but if you insist:

H1 HID kit (35W or 55W)

· Registered
486 Posts
Perfect thread. I have been holding off on this mod until I could see the whole process. I have both kits for lows and fogs in my cart waiting to pull the trigger. I have one last question. Has anyone established a point of contact at DDM for us to get a discount? My basket is sitting at 85 bucks but every dollar saved is a dollar towards another mod.

Thanks
Pharaoh

· Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Wasn't aware that we got discounts.

and in case i didn't mention it, the easiest way to the fogs is

go under the car (no need to jack it up, but it does make your life easier if its on ramps.)

under the front end infront of each tire are 3 plastic clips, remove them

bend the plastic cover back (don't worry, it's flexible enough)

and stick your hand in there and reach for the bulb

· Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just a heads up,

The Fog light Bulb is a PITA to get out, dont be pissed if you have to take out the whole assembly (4 screws i think)

My driver side was a PITA

my passenger side was easy.

and another way to do it on the driver side is by reaching down after removing the headlight. (only works on driver side)

· Registered
486 Posts
thanks! guess i will just full price it...

Oh and I already had the whole front end off and back on today in less than 45 minutes. its SOOOO easy. Took it off to get the grills out to send the lower off to G&M Performance. easy enough that I would do it again just to get to the fogs.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

· Registered
486 Posts
Reactions: mobileterminaluser
21 - 40 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.