Kia Forte Forum banner

81 - 100 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Can someone post a pic or say where the adjustment is for the headlight? Once I installed my HID's my passenger side is a good bit higher than the driver side. I noticed when I put the headlight assembly back in there was "wiggle" room, I basically bolted the (2) 10MM bolts at the top "centered" in the tabs. If you have looked at the tabs you will know what I'm talking about. I could push them in or out and tighten them down but figured center would be best, now just looking for what moves the headlight up and down adjustment wise, Kia Tech info just shows a picture of a screw driver and not where it goes, its just pointing at the head light lol.
There is an adjustment screw on the back side, right next to the dust cap.

·
Registered
393 Posts
On the DDM tuning site they have the Raptor kit for $35 and then they have the slim HID kit for $45. What's the difference between the two kits?

·
Registered
184 Posts
On the DDM tuning site they have the Raptor kit for $35 and then they have the slim HID kit for $45. What's the difference between the two kits?
The slim kit has smaller ballasts and are easier to hide and easier to find places to put them in the engine bay.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The slim kit has smaller ballasts and are easier to hide and easier to find places to put them in the engine bay.
So that's the only difference is the size of the ballasts?

And also why is there such a difference from there price of $35-45 and the price at IJDMToy of $90?

·
Registered
184 Posts
So that's the only difference is the size of the ballasts?

And also why is there such a difference from there price of $35-45 and the price at IJDMToy of $90?
Brand name and probably quality I assume. Personally I would go with diode dynamics. I have there's and there are no altering them because they have the h11b option so they are plug and play and so easy to install. Also you get a 10% discount on your next purchase from them so you could get swithbacks ;) or interior lighting or fogs. They ship super quick and now its only $5 for shipping on everything. That's who I would go with. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Brand name and probably quality I assume. Personally I would go with diode dynamics. I have there's and there are no altering them because they have the h11b option so they are plug and play and so easy to install. Also you get a 10% discount on your next purchase from them so you could get swithbacks ;) or interior lighting or fogs. They ship super quick and now its only $5 for shipping on everything. That's who I would go with. Just my 2 cents though.
It's just hard to justify spending double the money. I can get both the low beam and the fog light for $90 from DDM Tunning or go with diode dynamics and spend $180 for both from them. I just was wondering if there was a big difference in the quality?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
DDM are great. It's been a year and they're great. Of there's a problem. They'll instantly fix it by replacing the ballast

·
Registered
184 Posts
DDM are great. It's been a year and they're great. Of there's a problem. They'll instantly fix it by replacing the ballast
Yeah they might fix it but the question is how long will it take for that... there has been so many horror stories surrounding ddm. Just like the one recently on here where they sent mismatched bulbs and they didnt fix it for a whole two months! that is outrageous. it is worth the extra money to get the quality and satisfaction and definetily the better customer service. sure not everyone has had problems but i have heard of tons of bad things about ddm.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's just hard to justify spending double the money. I can get both the low beam and the fog light for $90 from DDM Tunning or go with diode dynamics and spend $180 for both from them. I just was wondering if there was a big difference in the quality?
definetily worth it IMO cause you wont run into issues like people have with ddm. try using this code on checkout at diode dynamics and it should take 10% off as they sent it out on twitter E0WQJ8Z7. if it doesnt work pm me and ill get you one i got from ordering from them. I have two layin around so you could use one of them man.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
DiodeDynamics is great. Their bulbs and ballasts are very high quality, and if you have any problem at all, they will fix is ASAP!

·
Registered
184 Posts
^+1

·
Registered
393 Posts
Look at my pictures I have switchbacks and 6000 35watt HID and they match perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Subtle, you need projectors ; )
GLARE FOR DAYSSSSSSS. hahahah
No! I like rice. ;)

I don't plan on doing any big mods on this ride that I can't switch back to OEM easily. I'm waiting to see how the 2013 Koups look like and am hoping there will be a OEM turbo and projectors. If I don't like the new body style I'm going to trade this in for a 2012 6 Speed M/T SX. Then I'll throw in a turbo and some projectors. :cool:

81 - 100 of 143 Posts